I saw this in a tab and i was wondering what it is called. I don't think its a chord because it only has 2 notes. Is is just two notes that sound good when played together?

B----7-----
G----7-----

or

B----8-----
G----7-----
they are chords in a way, theyre known as double stops i think
Dancing In Your Dust
well a double stop would imply that you are bending one note and keeping another constant...

this is known as an interval. The first is a major third and the seoncd is a perfect fourth
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
No, a double stop is just when two notes are played at the same time, not only when you are bending one.
They can be ether one. A chord or a double stop. They could be the chordal tones but only two played since guitar doesn't always has to play the root or the 5, or it could be a double stop going on thirds, fourths, seconds, or even fifths.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
And Wiki says:

"In music and music theory a chord (from Greek χορδή: gut, string) is three or more different notes that sound simultaneously. Most often, in European-influenced music, chords are tertian sonorities that can be constructed as stacks of thirds relative to some underlying scale. Two-note combinations are typically referred to as dyads or intervals."
Omg, Ive never seen such misuse of the term double stop on one website. Listen up...

A double stop was invented for walking basslines on upright bass. Its when you play a grace note into the root note of the next chord and let the grace note ring out. And you dont even have to let it ring out. Its not just playing two notes at the same time. Theres a bit more too it then that.

And without a dominant, you cant have a chord. Just an interval. But you can suggest a chord with 2 notes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_stop

Um, it's a double stop. How is a phrase for hitting two notes at the same time being misused to describe hitting two notes at the same time?

No bending. No fancy upright bass. Just simply two notes at the same time.
Double stop. Two notes.

Double=two.
Stop=you stopped on
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_stop

Um, it's a double stop. How is a phrase for hitting two notes at the same time being misused to describe hitting two notes at the same time?

No bending. No fancy upright bass. Just simply two notes at the same time.
Double stop. Two notes.

Double=two.
Stop=you stopped on

I can garuntee wiki is wrong. And the difference between the definitions is that the first note is played as a grace note. Not the two notes are played simultaneously. Ask any upright bassist to do a double stop.
And ask any guitarist to do one. You are saying the upright bass is the be-all version of something.

Different instruments perform things in different ways. Saying something is wrong because it doesn't mention how upright bass does it? Whatever.

Go to a bass thread.
This is a guitar thread.

Thank you.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Ethicdoom
And ask any guitarist to do one. You are saying the upright bass is the be-all version of something.

Different instruments perform things in different ways. Saying something is wrong because it doesn't mention how upright bass does it? Whatever.

Go to a bass thread.
This is a guitar thread.

Thank you.

slow down there captain pretention!

this is a guitar & BASS basics forum

so maybe you should get off your ego chair before you post.

double stop
chord

both names work in this situation.
Quote by vivalasoad883
slow down there captain pretention!

this is a guitar & BASS basics forum

so maybe you should get off your ego chair before you post.

double stop
chord

both names work in this situation.

I said thread

Not forum.

Sorry, my blood is boiling a bit right now.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Quote by vivalasoad883
its okay

ill buy you a and you'll be aight

Thank you my man.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
It is not a chord. It's a double stop, a dyad, or an interval - all are correct.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz