A muti effects pedal has multiple effects. Duh.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I know, but what are the difference in the quality of the sound you'll get.......

What is better, a multi-effetct pedal or many effect pedal and why ?
in GENERAL -not rule of thumb necessarily- multi effects pedals are less tweakable packages of tons of different effects for the user to get a general knowledge of what each effect does. there are really nice multi effects units out there...but...I MYSELF would prefer a few stompboxes of moderate to high quality over an effects unit. there's just more quality in tone.
it's more money when you buy seperately...but there's a reason.
all in all, i think the only effects that anyone really needs anyways are reverb, delay, wah, OD, chorus and maybe one or two others. the rest are of course completely unique to ur preference. the ones i listed are pretty much standard and could cover countless bands on their own.
and NO, i do NOT consider distortion an effect, i believe a good amp should deliver that on their own.
i hope i helped
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
but the more EXPENSIVE and HIGH QUALITY the multi FX unit, the nicer tone and tweakability there is. but if you start spending over $400 or $500 for an effects unit, you should prolly just get stompboxes. that's MY opinion! but i've never been fond of having a whole train in front of your amp just to get a good sound. for the most part i just go into a wah, OD pedal, sometimes whammy and i'm set on MY sound. but of course i'll end up adding some reverb (since my amps dont have it built in) and delay pedals too.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Also, the drawback of an all-in-one multi effects unit is that if it goes up, it ALL goes up. Where as with individual units, one of them goes up, you can replace just that component.
There are some outstandingly awesome multi effects units on the market from such companies as TC Electronic and Eventide, however their really good stuff is strikingly cost prohibitive and generally works as a segment of a Midi setup. Regarding floor units, TC does have one that's almost affordable and is very high quality but still commands a price tag of around $700.

The single greatest advantage of using a multi effects/Midi setup is you can set up everything in presets. This allows you to switch any combination of the available effects and possibly the amp channel with a single switch as opposed to doing the salsa dance that is sometimes necessary to make drastic tonal changes. You also have the ability to have every individual effect dialed in differently in each preset if you need to, which is something that individual effects boxes (even in a preset based Midi switching system) simply cannot allow.

On the other hand, almost all multi effects units are digital and therefore a major turnoff for a lot of guitarists who prefer the warmth of analog stompboxes. The higher end stuff is very close, but is still incapable of offering the same quality of tone provided with quality analog gear. Like anything else in life, it's a trade off between virtues.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM