So...
I have been messing around with the diminished scale alot and I decided to play some chords around it. My main problem is I don't know what these chords necessarily are. I just know that they all land within the diminished scale. I should probably elaborate. I'm playing in E Diminished

|--------|
|10-8-8-7|
|6--7-5-6|
|8--5-7-8|
|7--6-7-7|
|--------|

The way I "discovered" these chords was just by just taking the dim7 chord and just moving one(or more) of the notes into another (within the scale) and just playing it. And because its in the diminished scale, I can move these around every 3 frets.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
idk about the first one but the second one is the quintessential hendrix chord with the and the a flat moved down a half step. the third one is some sort of 6th chord variant ive seen before but i cant recall th name of it and the last one is a 7th chord of some kind

you can go to this site i use it for chord names i dont know

http://www.michaelhogg.btinternet.co.uk/gce/
I would say:

A(b9)

Ebmaj7

amin7

F#7

but only the Ebmaj7 is in root position.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by tomohawkjoe
So...
My main problem is I don't know what these chords necessarily are. I just know that they all land within the diminished scale.

I don't know that I'd worry much about naming them. If you want to know what
they are relative to E, I think you can figure out the notes easily enough. Diminished
chords, in particular, can function in many ways and the same chord named one
thing, might have a completely different name when used someplace else. You
might want to think more about how those forms do different things in different
contexts.