I have a 10 watt practice amp, but it's solid state right now and mainly a room practice style thing.

I'm thinking of getting either the Vox AD50VT or the AD30VT. Both have the same features essentially, but the 50 goes twenty watts more...and is about 130$ more expensive as well.

Is the twenty watts worth it?

Right now my guitar is a beautiful Agile AL2000 with white finish and chrome hardware, I loves it!

I'm gonna be playing every genre, ranging from Metal, to blues, to country, to jazz, to whatever else.

Not sure if that info was needed, never hurts though.

Also, I do plan on using this amp to play with a band/gig(smaller venue), but I figure I can mic it up for that.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
yeah i have the 30 and i wish that it had a bit more power. i would have gone with the 50 or 75 had i not recieved it as a present. but thats just me. its a great versatile amp and i strongly reccomend it. Play on it and see how you feel. best of luck.
I have a new AD50VT that I'll sell u for $280. I got it for christmas and dont want it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
50 is useful only in case you want to play LOUD with other people and the drummer. As for me 30, is usually too much for my room... Yeah, those amps are pretty loud...
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
Well this is more of a future purchase for me, if I can scrounge up money I might talk to ya about it.
Blackstar HT-5

The best thing about the 50 when compared to the thirty is the speaker.
Quote by imgooley
The best thing about the 50 when compared to the thirty is the speaker.

this man speaks truth.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
+2 The 50 comes with the Celestion Speaker, if you can afford the extra cash then go for the 50 like the 30 you can always reduce the power output.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
AH sorry friends, next time I will know. So the general concensus is that the 50 is a better investment than the 30?

THe amp I was thinking of getting afterwards would be a higher end tupe stack, possibly a Laney or a Marshall...

Thanks guys.
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by CrushedCan
AH sorry friends, next time I will know. So the general concensus is that the 50 is a better investment than the 30?

THe amp I was thinking of getting afterwards would be a higher end tupe stack, possibly a Laney or a Marshall...

Thanks guys.

I say yes because the speakers in the 30 are pretty turd. As for volume, there isn't much of a difference.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have an AD50VT. It features a wattage control so basically I can lower the wattage to less that even 10, not sure if the AD30VT has the control. The 50 gets quite loud when its maxed out, and depending on if you would need that sort of power its a great thing.

Basically are you going to be playing with a band where you will need the cutting power? If yeah then 50 is where its at.
A FREE UPGRADE to you're tone (found by experimenting ) can be achieved by taking the back off, i know theres like 12 screws but it's worth it.... it actually cleared up some muddyness in the distortion and really brightened up and made the cleans better.

Danyellenik's VOX AD30VT Settings (can be used with 15, 50, 100 etc.)

All these settings use a 1-10 scale... In Manual mode

Chan 1

Clean:

AMP: Black 2x12
GAIN: 4
VOLUME: i have it at 10, it's up to you
TREBLE: 5
MIDDLE: 4
BASS: 6

EFFECTS: tremolo+reverb
EDIT1: 2-3
EDIT2: 5
EDIT3: 2-3

and no noise reduction when I'm splitting between two single coils, i use some reduction when using my neck P-up only.

Chan 2:

Dirty:
(crank up the gain if you want more metal, i don't like lots of gain though.)

AMP: UK 80's (the only good 1 IMO)
GAIN: 4
VOLUME: 5 ish? again, up to you
TREBLE: 6
MIDDLE: 7-8
BASS: 7

EFFECTS: Comp (adjust to liking)

Those are the setting I use after lots of tweaking.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808