Sup musicians,

Some friends of mine and I have been toying around with the idea of getting a band going for some time now. I have been playing guitar for like over 13 or 14 years and know how to read and right music. A chick I know wants to play paino for us but I need to know some songs she can learn she knows how to read music aswell. If anybody knows any good simple blues/ rock and roll songs with easy paino parts that would help as I can play a little paino but I dont know how to teach what to play myself. Also it might be helpful if anybody knows some of the blues scales for piano that would be helpful. I'll probably print off the scales and songs so she can learn them. I hope you guys can help me out here.
Ninjaz get Drunk freak out and kill people all the time and then totally wail on geetarz
animals - come on baby let the good times roll

or just go with the house of the rising sun at first... it's great for organ (piano)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
cool thnx i look into that but if anybody can still give me some links for a twelve bar blues jam or something like that for piaon and the blues scales it would really help...
Ninjaz get Drunk freak out and kill people all the time and then totally wail on geetarz
Try good ol' Smoke on the Water. I'd also suggest Heart of Steel, a ballad by Manowar. I dunno **** about rock organs, but these two songs don't sound too difficult to play, nothing too fast.
Quote by PhoeglePott
I have been playing guitar for like over 13 or 14 years

And you don't already know some blues scales (major, minor, augmented 6th etc)*? They don't transform into different notes when you play them on the piano...

Or have I just made myself look foolish because you were asking for some highly complex blues scales I've never heard of? Ah, who cares, you spelt 'write' as 'right'.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Damascus
And you don't already know some blues scales (major, minor, augmented 6th etc)*? They don't transform into different notes when you play them on the piano...

Or have I just made myself look foolish because you were asking for some highly complex blues scales I've never heard of? Ah, who cares, you spelt 'write' as 'right'.

I do know blues scales and everything I was just trying to cut some corners and get the paino parts to maybe "house of the rising sun" and just the key patterns for the blues scale on piano. I could figure them out myself but im at work right now and I'm just trying to get some stuff to print of so I can take it home tonight and work on it, but its cool i'll just look it up thnx anyways guys... oh and sorry for my ****ty spelling LOL

Oh and another quick question... I dont rember if the paino and guitar are in the same keys. Do you have to transpose the notes on the paino to match the guitars or are they the same?
Last edited by PhoeglePott at Apr 10, 2008,
They're the same. Find middle C on the piano, it's the same as your middle C, third fret of your A string.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

Quote by Damascus
They're the same. Find middle C on the piano, it's the same as your middle C, third fret of your A string.
Technically, a guitar is pitched an octave below written. So at concert pitch, it's the first fret B string.
Really? By damn, guitar pro has ruined me.
Quote by Ed O'Brien