Heya everyone,
I'm gradually replacing my multi-effects pedal and I'm looking for a good distortion pedal. I've always wanted a DS-2, I've heard very good things about it. But I've found a store around that sell the MXR Double Shot and I wondered if anyone has any useful advice on the differences between them or another recommendation?
Thanks in advance,
Lauz
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
At the moment it's a Cube 60. I don't like the distortion very much so that's why I'd like a good pedal.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
Quote by nachocheeez
At the moment it's a Cube 60. I don't like the distortion very much so that's why I'd like a good pedal.

new amp would be the best choice then. Modelling amps don't like distortion pedals. I tried my DS-2 through my Vox AD50VT (Normally a good, tight sounding amp) and it just sounded muddy as hell. It sounds great through the clean channel of my VC30 though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
new amp would be the best choice then. Modelling amps don't like distortion pedals. I tried my DS-2 through my Vox AD50VT (Normally a good, tight sounding amp) and it just sounded muddy as hell. It sounds great through the clean channel of my VC30 though.

Thanks for that tip. I'm planning on upgrading all my gear actually. I'm thinking of a Marshall DSL 50, Orange Rockerverb, etc...
But since that'll be a while away since I've gotta save some cash I thought pedals would do for the long run.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y