no, this isn't some kind of advert. i just thought, i've seen a lot of great pictures out there and a lot seem to be of hardcore or punk bands. i think too many people rely on technical gimmicks, but for me what makes a shot a great one is if it can capture something rare or if it can freeze a situation and capture some of its activity.

so i was just thinking, do people have favourite photographers or photos (not necessarily strictly hardcore, but obviously we're in the HC forum so keep it mostly relevant i guess)? just thought it might be an interesting idea.

favourite shot of mine is:

by ricky adam.

obviously some stuff is copyrighted or whatever so keep that in mind.
I made a thread like this ages ago, here are some of my favorites:

'And every Saturday night you know it's, hardcore STAGE DIVES HIGH FIVES!' This was taken at a show in I think it was either Leeds or Nottingham a few years back.

This shot just rules so hard, it's a xSheepx photo.

Taken by xSheepx of Modern Life Is War in Manchester '06

Taken by xSheepx this time of Justice playing in Manchester '06

I just realised I plugged a ton of xSheepx's photos but they're the ones that stick for me, if you Google 'xSheepx photography' there's a link to his MySpace. There are tons of photos which are absolutly amazing but I'm having trouble finding the ones I'm thinking of.

Edit: Here's the video with most of my favorite shots in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDv-eBPRasQ&NR=1
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
those are some really well taken shots. especially the top one, i love that.

i didn't actually search, i hadn't ever seen one so i assumed noone had done one before. ill look for the old thread see if its still around.
Got to love those fisheye lens shots. The way they seem to suck everything around but at the same time don't look unbelievably fiddled about with is great.

Nice on with that high fives photo, seems to capture everything perfectly.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
these arn't as good as pinks butttt...

citizen arrest
i first saw this one in Slug and lettuce and just thought it was perfect. taken by christine boarts

dread scott (the artist, look him up!) is the kid jumping up. its not really a great photo, but its cool to know someone from your scene became famous.

mandatory photo of the self mosh (at vitamin x) dunno who took it. im the kid in white pants. and for the weekend nachos fans thats their singer at the left with the creepy grin
Quote by crustyreed
these arn't as good as pinks butttt...

citizen arrest
i first saw this one in Slug and lettuce and just thought it was perfect. taken by christine boarts

dread scott (the artist, look him up!) is the kid jumping up. its not really a great photo, but its cool to know someone from your scene became famous.

mandatory photo of the self mosh (at vitamin x) dunno who took it. im the kid in white pants. and for the weekend nachos fans thats their singer at the left with the creepy grin

Pardon me, Reed, but there is no person in that photo with white pants.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK

Fuck I was going to post this, such a sick photo/dude. He posts on csws occasionally.
A friend of yours?
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Quote by devourthekitten
Pardon me, Reed, but there is no person in that photo with white pants.

I'd assume the one in grey trousers and black t-shirt jumping into the guy with the white t-shirt, lighting probably affected the photo a bit.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I wouldn't say a friend but I've spoken to him once or twice. But then again you ask anyone who's into hardcore over here and they'll know xSheepx.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)