hey all, it's been a long time since i've bought an amp and don't really know about the new amps and whatnot. im bassically looking fro a smaller tube amp, maybe about 30 watts or so, by a quality company, likely new, but used i can try to find as well. i'm a huge metal head, so i'll need some good distortion, however i do run everything through a BOSS GT-8 so a clean channel is definately essential. i love bands like arch eenmy, nevermore, black label society, children of bodom, dream theater, and other heavy bands. my budget is maybe 900 bucks, so im hoping to get a pretty good amp for that money. i also live in canada, so the amps have to be available there. as well, i play 7-strings guitar, so low end is a must as well. any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated, thanks alot.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
The Spider Valve 212 really is a great amp. Go give it a try somewhere.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Krank Rev JR. All the gain ever created. Ditch the gt-8 for the modeling and use REAL TUBE GAIN.

http://www.music123.com/Krank-Rev-Jr--Guitar-Amp-Mini-Stack-481614-i1323455.Music123?cm_mmc=$(channel)$-_-Krank-_-Guitar%20Amplifiers%20and%20Effects-_-Krank%20Rev%20Jr.%20Guitar%20Amp%20Mini%20Stack&source=ZWFRWXX&mr:trackingCode=5E434243-4B06-DD11-AA92-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

Please ignore anyone that recommends anything with spider in the name. Im not just a line6 basher its just the models on the spiders are horrid compared to say the pods, flextones and vettas.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
peavey 5150. standard for metal heads

or mesa F30
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
dont go line 6!
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

if your going to stick to the GT-8, make sure to get an ALL tube amp, not a hybrid. Because you are going to want to put the GT-8 through the poweramp section (fx loop's return)

that said, if your getting a tube amp you might want to just ditch the GT-8
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by T!AN
The TS said he's looking for a small tube amp and he already has a 6505...

my bad didnt read his sig.

just read that he needed a small around 30 watt amp for around the house. which i think is a bit muchfor around the house. oh well F30 or 5:25
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
im also playing with a band with weekly practices and occasional gigs, but at these gigs im always mic'd so i never get to crank past about a third with the 6505 so i cna never get the sweet zone, im looking for a smaller tube amp to play with a and and around the house.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

Look for a Mesa dealer in your area and try out a Mesa 5:25, you'll probably want to boost it with an OD for most of the stuff you're playing. That'll be more practical than an F-30, due to the 5:25 being 5/25 watt selectable. Mic up at gigs and you're good to go.
i can't seem to find a price for the F-30, or much info at all for it besides the mesa/boogie website. are there any other amps i should try to research?
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

Krank Rev. Jr. or a Randall RM20.

Under 30 watts, all valve tone.

Br00talz
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Another +1 for the Rev Jr. It really is a fantastic amp all things considered. Plan on having it modded though, you'll need the ability to switch channels and engage the boost with a footswitch.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Krank Rev Jr. or a Mesa F-30 are your best bet. You can't find pricing info on the Mesa because for one, it's not made anymore and you'd have to buy it used, and because Mesa doesn't put their prices anywhere on the internet. However, I've been so kind as to type out their entire catalogue for this year in my sig Still doesn't have the F Series in it though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
They don't include the F-Series because Mesa stopped production of the F-Series amps.

Quote by g-cash14
i can't seem to find a price for the F-30, or much info at all for it besides the mesa/boogie website. are there any other amps i should try to research?

If you look used, you can find an F-30 for $600+.
Quote by Guitarmiester
If you look used, you can find an F-30 for $600+.

Should be able to find one easily for $500-600 used. I wouldn't pay more than $600, I bought the one I had new from Guitar Center for $711 when they discontinued it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Guitarmiester
They don't include the F-Series because Mesa stopped production of the F-Series amps.

Yeah, he said.