Okay so my dad has this gibson standard series les paul. He doesnt know how to play a single note on the thing so it just sits there all the time.He bought it from like best buy or something for like $150-$200. I was wondering if these are any good because I need a guitar with humbuckers and wanted to know how good this guitar is for that. I have played it before and its alright but idk if I am gonna ask my dad if I can have it or not or maybe buy it from him for cheap? UG's Advice is appreciated!
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Wait... you failed to mention the price paid or the fact that it's from Best Buy. No way that's a Gibson Standard. No way it's even a Gibson. MAYBE a low-end Epi...
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
they're guitars specifically for beginners, you can probably get a better guitar for the money, but if you're just starting out then it's not like you would know the difference anyway.

if you're going to start out but not get another guitar for a few years, i don't suggest buying any guitars from best buy or walmart etc.

EDIT: i forgot to mention, it's definatly not a Gibson
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Apr 10, 2008,
they're guitars specifically for beginners, you can probably get a better guitar for the money, but if you're just starting out then it's not like you would know the difference anyway.

if you're going to start out but not get another guitar for a few years, i don't suggest buying any guitars from best buy or walmart etc.

Yeah Ive been playing for 2 years now and I will probably just get an ibanez from my uncle but I was wondering about this guitar. Cause I never like to see guitars just sitting there not getting played.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
you just made another one of these same exact threads, just to mention that it was $150-200 and from best buy? how could it be a standard, or a gibson at all?
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
you just made another one of these same exact threads

Ik but it was in the wrong place
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112