so i was looking around and found my old snes..
i hooked it up and played it, saved a few files.
went to play it today and my files were erased..
it keeps erasing them for some reason, any idea?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
the snes does that every so often I have no idea why it might just be that you never played them in forever. it tends to erase if you don't play in a certain length of time
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
Wait, i'm pretty sure the snes can't save games. I remember playing Sonic on there and having to play all the way through just to get back to where I left off.
You probably had them near stero speakers or something with a magnet in it.
Quote by maggot9779
Wait, i'm pretty sure the snes can't save games. I remember playing Sonic on there and having to play all the way through just to get back to where I left off.

Thats because its sonic, even on the Genisis yo couldnt save you progress ... I mean its not that long of a game.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Quote by maggot9779

nope. you can save files
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Uuuhhhhh... when the hell was sonic EVER on Nintendo?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
you should get an emulator for you pc then you can play pretty much any snes game without having any difficulities due to hardware failure.

a good one is snes9x. you should be able to google and get it.

as for the games, just google for some roms of games you like.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
The battery in the snes cartriges lasted about 10 years. Since your playing it know the battery will be dead and the cartridge won't be able to save files anymore.
Quote by nebiru
Uuuhhhhh... when the hell was sonic EVER on Nintendo?

Whoops. I always get the SNES and Megadrive mixed up
Quote by maggot9779

LOL
Sonic WAS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
!!!!!!!

Quote by ShyGuy {IZAIAH}
LOL
!!!!!!!

Hehe I know that NOW!!!

that is normal... it must be the game cartridge i think... the magnetic thingies on the cartridge wear a lot after time and they make you lose your data and sometimes the game wont even appear on the screen... i once lost ALL my Super Mario World saved game
Quote by cedaguol
that is normal... it must be the game cartridge i think... the magnetic thingies on the cartridge wear a lot after time and they make you lose your data and sometimes the game wont even appear on the screen... i once lost ALL my Super Mario World saved game

Super Mario World is a one session game though. I love the secret levels, they are so fun.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by epyonz
The battery in the snes cartriges lasted about 10 years. Since your playing it know the battery will be dead and the cartridge won't be able to save files anymore.

This is true, the batteries do run out.

Mine haven't, which is weird...
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
try different games.

theres a small battery inside each snes cartridge that holds the save game information, if the batterys died then no saves!
Quote by lordofthefood1
Super Mario World is a one session game though. I love the secret levels, they are so fun.

No it isn't. You can have up to 3 saved files on it. Just played it the other day.

And yes ts, it is the batteries in the cartridge. They must have died. Also when saving always remember to hold the reset button while you shut the machine off, this will prevent files from being deleted.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ShyGuy {IZAIAH}
LOL
!!!!!!!

Yes it was but it was only realeased in Japan.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Most computers (like the snes) have whats called non volitile RAM, which is what you would be saving your games to. The information stored on NVRAM is usually sustained by a lithium ion battery, usually with enough energy to last about 10 years. Which means after a certain amount of time information can no longer be held.

THATS why your saves are gone.