So, ive been playing with a crappy strat copy for a while now, and i really dont like it. So i was thinking of buying a new guitar. I keep hearing about musician's friend, but i dont have means of paying over the internets, because i dont have a creditcard or paypal, and my parents wont do it. So i went to long & mcquade and i tried out several ones, and the one that caught my attention was the epiphone SG because its actually lightweight compared to the beasts of les pauls, and it has a nice tone. So here is my question, should i get the G-310 or the G-400, because i've read on here that some people say the G-310 is complete crap, but when i played it, it sounded good. The overall difference of price is maybe like 100 dollars tops, i dont remember, but what does UG think?
dont get the g-310, get a g-400 you will not regret it! g-310's are crap, they have bolt on necks, crappy pickups, crappy tuners, just crap. G-400's are was potted pickups with a set neck and good tuners. great guitar
well...i would rather the g-400because thats the kind my fav. guitarist uses(angus young) but other than that i dont know...sorry i cannot really help you.
g400 definitely
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by gtr_101
dont get the g-310, get a g-400 you will not regret it! g-310's are crap, they have bolt on necks, crappy pickups, crappy tuners, just crap. G-400's are was potted pickups with a set neck and good tuners. great guitar

Even very good guitars can have bolt-on necks. It's not really a factor in whether the guitar is good or bad.
All epiphones lead to regret. Mine, my friends. I never found a good one. even the "high" end ones are poor.
Quote by Ki'
Even very good guitars can have bolt-on necks. It's not really a factor in whether the guitar is good or bad.

yes i know, but a true sg has a set neck.
I would say spend the extra bit of money to get the G-400, you'll be a lot happier with it in the long run.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.