Ok gyus i have 2000 euros to spend on my new guitar! Id like to buy an axe that i can lay Fusion jazz to some progressive metal

please help!
First, you're a lucky bastard.

Second, what amp do you have? Unless you've got something really nice, it makes more sense to get a 1000 euro amp and a 1000 euro guitar.

Do want a trem? How do you feel about pickups, would you prefer HH, HSS, HSH, etc?
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Apr 10, 2008,
Gibson SG perhaps? That is quite a versatile guitar.

I think a good jazz guitar is the Gibson "dot" guitar -- I don't know exactly what it is called, but the body is really massive and it is a double cutaway.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
yeah.. gibson SG would do the trick... LP would suit your needs fine aswell
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by tona_107
PRS custom 22

I'd second that and you can probably event venture into a Custom 24
Quote by chillrock
Gibson SG perhaps? That is quite a versatile guitar.

I think a good jazz guitar is the Gibson "dot" guitar -- I don't know exactly what it is called, but the body is really massive and it is a double cutaway.

Do you mean the ES-175? Or the ES-335?
i have a peavey 30 watt transtube amp for my room at home and a 200watt solid state amp for jaming!

id like a guitar with floydrose as i am planing to use the whammy bar alot! i was thiking of ESP (MH series) but they are realy cheap! ESPs have the range to play fusion and to switch to some more complex metal riffs!

ibanez rg is what i could get it costs 1800 euros!

than a stainberger but id have to wait 6 months to get the axe!

i realy need some advice, but keep in mind that i would use the axe for jazz/metal related music! (not that much metal but some riffs definetly)
Depending on how you like the necks, Gibson Les Paul with a pickup swap possibly.

Personally, i played a Gibby at GC and I didnt really like it.
Hello
Quote by one vision
ES-175 is single-cutaway. He's talking about the ES-335 dot neck.

Get a Carvin.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by one vision

i think the ES-335, but i am not sure
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
For your genres, I think you should look into some high-end Ibanez Prestige guitars. Thin, fast necks, and HSH DiMarzio pickups for lots of tonal options.

Also, you may want to upgrade your 200-watt solid state to some sort of tube amp, unless you're using it purely for cleans and need the headroom, which is entirely possible considering your genres.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by torturer6067
i have a peavey 30 watt transtube amp for my room at home and a 200watt solid state amp for jaming!
id like a guitar with floydrose as i am planing to use the whammy bar alot! i was thiking of ESP (MH series) but they are realy cheap! ESPs have the range to play fusion and to switch to some more complex metal riffs!

ibanez rg is what i could get it costs 1800 euros!

than a stainberger but id have to wait 6 months to get the axe!

i realy need some advice, but keep in mind that i would use the axe for jazz/metal related music! (not that much metal but some riffs definetly)

Maybe you should spend some on a new amp too?
i would spend some money on my amp too if i actualy needed a gig amp but right now i dont!

as for the ibanez-prestige i did have my eye on an RG!