I'm thinking about getting a Flying V. I was in GC here recently and the salesman said that they were two-pieced bodies. However, I was reading a review on Musician's Friend that stated the bodies were 3-pieces. If any of you out there know which it is please reply and let me know. I'm assuming that the more pieces of wood used would cut down on the sustain and affect the tone? If I'm wrong there, let me know that as well. Much appreciated.

Oh yeah, LTD Deluxe MH-1000....anyone got an opinion on that? I was contemplating that one too.
That depends, but I'd say they're usually 3 piece. A 'core', where the pickups and bridge are on, and 2 glued 'wings'.
umm 1?...

o yeah.. it's 3 probably.. (glued together)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
teoretically, you just need one piece if you use a set neck or bolt on and you manage to find a big chunk of wood.

the easiest would be to do it three-piece i think like Y00p said!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Dunno about the effect on tone.. but necks are often laminated in very high end guitars/basses. Sometimes with more than a dozen laminations in those crazy 10 string basses.
So it probably doesn't negatively affect tone if it's good enough for those high end models.

I think Gibson Vs are 2 piece. Two "wings" joined together so the glue joint forms a center line.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
The LTD MH1000 is awesome. A great value. Played one not so long ago, a hard-tail one. It's a really light guitar as well and very ergonomically. I just realised I want one.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
The LTD MH1000 is awesome. A great value. Played one not so long ago, a hard-tail one. It's a really light guitar as well and very ergonomically. I just realised I want one.

Oh, I forgot about that question!

Well, I've always been really turned on by them 400-and-up-Ltd's, and this is no exception. I played an EC from the same range not long ago, and I liked what I felt!

The only thing I don't like in the 1000's is their flashiness, with all the binding and so...
I Love the look of the MH-1000 green with seymore duncan jazz pups. next guitar for sure.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix