Hey,
I just wanted to warn (and vent) about a online music store that I ordered a bass from.
Lamusic.ca.
None of what their site promises is accurate. One guy I talked to even said, "Yeah, the site says that... but we don't really do that."
Judging by the information on the site, the bass was in stock and would be shipped in a couple of days. If it wasn't, I'd receive an email telling the approximate wait so I could change or cancel my order.
Two weeks later... I finally talked to a guy, who said it would probably be another week and a half and he offered to up-sell me another bass that wasn't on their site because apparently, the other 8 models of 6-strings their site said were in stock weren't. I told him I'd wait.
Two weeks later... I contacted him again and he said another week and a half wait. He offered to up-sell again and said if I did he'd ship it out that day. I agreed.
A week later... I had yet to be given a tracking number. I asked what's going on. The guy said, yes the bass shipped out when he promised me, but because of a computer error he couldn't give me a tracking number and had to look it up and call me back.
I called him back the next day; computer still down and he was still searching for my order and I should call back in two hours. An hour later, I got an email from Canada Post (not the express couriers the site promises free shipping from) that my bass was scheduled to be picked up for shipping the following day.

If you want to experience this fantastic service, buy your bass from L.A. Music in Ontario, Canada.
Yeah, I live a block from the LA Music actual store, and they've somewhat recently moved to a newer location, and are going absolutely nuts over their website. It's new for them and they haven't gotten all the details sorted out yet, and the employees I've talked to admit it's quite a headache. They're still working out the kinks and it's new to all of them.

They used to be an old smaller guitar store before moving to a gigantic one up the road - the old building is basically a huge-ass storeroom. I really don't like the people from the old LA, as they jerk people around a lot. There are some dummies in the new building, but there are some dudes, like Paul, that are super straight shooters.

FWIW, I was there on the weekend and overheard employees talking about an unhappy online customer and were sympathizing with the dude saying "no, this isn't good for the customer" and talked about how jerked around he was. Dunno if this was you or not, but the point is, it's quite a problem and they're having some major growing pains and perhaps shouldn't have started the website until all the kinks were worked out.

EDIT: Oh, and if anybody recalls my nightmare with a Warwick truss rod, yep - that was LA Music. A lot of great dudes, but a lot of straight up ****ing idiots as well. It is, however, still a bit of a mom-and-pop shop.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I've had similar experiences with an online shop here in the UK. That's one of the bad things about buying online... you lose a lot of customer service.

If you really want to vent, I would seriously consider writing a formal letter to the manager asking for an apology. If you do, do it write in a very neutral and factual matter.

Also, put it down to experience. I always tend to message websites I'm dealing with to make sure they have it in stock.
Quote by thefitz
Oh, and if anybody recalls my nightmare with a Warwick truss rod, yep - that was LA Music. A lot of great dudes, but a lot of straight up ****ing idiots as well. It is, however, still a bit of a mom-and-pop shop.

Are you serious? After your truss rod problems AND the TS's problems, this story kinda scares me.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
If you really want to vent, I would seriously consider writing a formal letter to the manager asking for an apology. If you do, do it write in a very neutral and factual matter.

A letter is being written - I'm just waiting for the bass to actually arrive first.
What upset me is being jerked around. I understand problems happen, but don't tell the customer the bass shipped a week ago when it's sitting in your store. I'd be fired for treating people like that at my work.
Being a professional that plays/teaches bass more for a hobby (or evening job), this experience was no more than a real irritation. However, for a kid who spent his lifesavings - it would be devastating.
Hahaha, I use to work there for abit. They are crooks and I will never buy anything from them.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp