I was just watching this show on VH1. I think it's horrible. not just that it's another stupid reality show, but these kids are put on this show ( some of them probably forced by their mothers) and expected to o all these performances, and then criticized by the hosts AND their parents. I think it's disgusting the amount of pressure is put on these kids, and my sister and her friend just sat there.

So I guess theres 2 things to discuss. The show itself, and what the hell's happening to our youth that lets them watch this crap like a bunch of robots.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
You say 'our youth' as if you're not one of 'em
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
So, you were watching kids on 'this show' eh?

Need I report you?
United as One, Divided by Zero
Quote by duncang
You say 'our youth' as if you're not one of 'em

Well I'm 18, so I guess ages 14 and under
Quote by BGrem261

THE BOSS of the

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
I hate 95% of reality TV.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
VH1 sucks anyway, but if there likely to be child musicians.. there likely to have a nervous break down at 16... thats always hi-larious!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

The minds of the youth today are being corrupted by media and chavs and people like that "Soulja Boy" freak.
So they're breeding Serial Killers?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I hate pushy parents. There are few things in life that i truley hate, and Psuhy, Ungrateful and Selfish Parenting is one of them. Those parents should be ashamed of themselfs.
Quote by duncang
You say 'our youth' as if you're not one of us

Fixed.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by mrwaffles
That show is hilarious. You can tell that half the kids don't give a flying f*ck. That one girl's mother is f*cking scary though. Rocky or something...THAT'S NOT EVEN A CHICK'S NAME!!! I keep expecting her to murder everyone, including her daughter.

Isn't Rocky short for Roxanne?
"reality shows" suck. these kids are just going to end up pregnant at 16 and addicted to pills or they'll kill themselves. either way I win.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by SRX700
I hate 95% of reality TV.

i hate 95% of reality

and 100% of reality tv
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
my parents never pushed me to achieve anything, and now im a failure. hell, at least my parents werent overly pushy!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by kennyvspenny
"reality shows" suck. these kids are just going to end up pregnant at 16 and addicted to pills or they'll kill themselves. either way I win.

+1
its all for marketing and scouting really.. if a few of the kids on there pull in the ratings.. then record producers will jump on em like fleas and turn them into the next britney spears.

the ups.. and then the WAY down..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
its all for marketing and scouting really.. if a few of the kids on there pull in the ratings.. then record producers will jump on em like fleas and turn them into the next britney spears.

the ups.. and then the WAY down..

Are you insinuating that there is something wrong with Brittney Spears?
Quote by kennyvspenny

dude, your username is based of the worst reality show in television history. irony much? matt stone and trey parker can ruin any show, even british ones.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
dude, your username is based of the worst reality show in television history. irony much? matt stone and trey parker can ruin any show, even british ones.

true, but at least he's funny. and probably right. some of these kids will get famous and probably end up just like some of the other child stars.

oddly enough, danny bonaduchi(spelling?) is one of the hosts
Quote by BGrem261

THE BOSS of the

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Quote by tomathy
i hate 95% of reality

and 100% of reality tv

It must REALLY suck for you then.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by TheBF
The minds of the youth today are being corrupted by media and chavs and people like that "Soulja Boy" freak.

Did you seriously just blame an artist who just appeared in the last 6 months for a society that's been high on drugs and drinking since at least the Prohibition Era? Nobody even listens to him anymore, just another artist come and gone.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Did you seriously just blame an artist who just appeared in the last 6 months for a society that's been high on drugs and drinking since at least the Prohibition Era? Nobody even listens to him anymore, just another artist come and gone.

True. I wouldn't say the music is CORRUPTING them. It's really just plain annoying, and kind of sad to see that kids will listen to songs that all sound the same over and over again.
Quote by BGrem261

THE BOSS of the

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Quote by caught22
True. I wouldn't say the music is CORRUPTING them. It's really just plain annoying, and kind of sad to see that kids will listen to songs that all sound the same over and over again.

They probably think the same thing about whatever shitty music you listen to as well
Quote by MastaBassist10
They probably think the same thing about whatever shitty music you listen to as well

This isn't an argument about music. In fact I was agreeing with you. And I'm sure they would. I was talking about music that's only lyrics are "bottles in the club" 50 times, and I never said it was shitty.
Quote by BGrem261

THE BOSS of the

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Quote by caught22
This isn't an argument about music. In fact I was agreeing with you. And I'm sure they would. I was talking about music that's only lyrics are "bottles in the club" 50 times, and I never said it was shitty.

You said it all sounds the same. If you listened to metal, for instance however, a kid who loved 50 would say the same thing about your music.
Yeah I watched 5 minutes of it the other day. It almost made me sick. I just wanted to punch those parents...
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
should be called "i no that i can live through my kid" anyone that does that should be shot for depriving a child from something everyone SHOULD have, a childhood, ull miss it when its gone
Quote by MastaBassist10
You said it all sounds the same. If you listened to metal, for instance however, a kid who loved 50 would say the same thing about your music.

I mean lyrically it all sounds the same. You can't deny that.
Quote by BGrem261

THE BOSS of the

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Quote by caught22
I mean lyrically it all sounds the same. You can't deny that.

And metal isn't all about guts, gore, and killing people with axes when you just scratch the surface?
Quote by MastaBassist10
And metal isn't all about guts, gore, and killing people with axes when you just scratch the surface?

Maybe when you hear it, but if you actually read the lyrics and understand them, there's more to it, whereas song a saying "I wanna **** you" is about....?
Quote by BGrem261

THE BOSS of the

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Last edited by caught22 at Apr 10, 2008,