I'm almost certain it is, but I don't know what is wrong. The computer sometimes labors and sounds like a desktop computer, sometimes i play strings and they don't play, and the volume on my guitar needs to be at 10. these all seem like problems leading me to believe it is broken.

i suspect the computer, but dont know how much one would be, any ideas or suggestions? i shouldve gotten that fender vibro champ XD...
Mine never does that.... I'm kinda worried now
Did you try resetting it to factory presets? The manual (or Google) tells you how.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
i tried to reset, but to no avail. also the amp doesnt respond well unless my guitar is cranked to ten(pickups are cool). ive never played an amp before that wasnt able to play at lower volumes of the guitar.
Problems with the Valvetronix amps aren't anything new. The series has been dealing with them since it's inception several years ago. They're usually excellent for the first couple of years and then things start to go awry. I had an AD120VT for a while that eventually fell victim to power amp problems and a delay that only sometimes worked. My friend Diana couldn't get the delay on her AD30VT to turn off and had latency issues when changing presets. My friend Kevin had a complete preamp failure in his AD50VT and now uses the amp as a powered cab with an outboard preamp. All of these amps were at least two and half years old before they began showing problems.

How old is your amp?
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
you've done something with the noise gate, i suspect. lots of people seem to forget about the noise gate, and accidentally adjust it. I can't really remember how to adjust it but i think its pretty easy to mess with unintentionally.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by MobileMusician
i tried to reset, but to no avail. also the amp doesnt respond well unless my guitar is cranked to ten(pickups are cool). ive never played an amp before that wasnt able to play at lower volumes of the guitar.

What happened when you tried to reset it?
my post seems to have been overlooked.

IT COULD BE THE NOISE GATE. A lot of people have accidentally adjusted it and thought there was something wrong with the amp. It is an easy feature to forget about, and the problems with the sound that you are describing sound like you've set the threshold too high on the noise gate. I'm not entirely sure how to change it, but it'll probably tell you in the manual.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
my post seems to have been overlooked.

IT COULD BE THE NOISE GATE. A lot of people have accidentally adjusted it and thought there was something wrong with the amp. It is an easy feature to forget about, and the problems with the sound that you are describing sound like you've set the threshold too high on the noise gate. I'm not entirely sure how to change it, but it'll probably tell you in the manual.

Factory reset will set the noise gate to the default value.