Page 1 of 2
My Mesa F-50 Combo arrived today, but UPS ****ed it up pretty well. Must of fell off a truck or something, because it's built like a tank, but the cab is split and broken.

Arg! A replacement cab will be a few hundred dollars from Mesa... thank god for insurance. I'm making UPS pay up.
picture?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Those Monsters!!!
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
UPS is horrible. I've had many problems with them, which is why I stopped using them years ago.
OUCH.
Did it have transportation insurance?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia

*shudders*
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
I'm guessing it does, since he said thank god for insurance.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by ErikHoppy
My Mesa F-50 Combo arrived today, but UPS ****ed it up pretty well. Must of fell off a truck or something, because it's built like a tank, but the cab is split and broken.

Arg! A replacement cab will be a few hundred dollars from Mesa... thank god for insurance. I'm making UPS pay up.

yea I hardly ever trust UPS although they only broke one box for me and it was something I shipped out
tracking said, "item destroyed in shipping, contact office at: xxx-xxx-xxxx"

I was kind of pissed but since I made that product for someone at a drummer board I knew it was extremely hard to break so they handed me some images over email and it looked fine, i told them to pack it up again and send it on to the final location, they did without any complaints.

Ive hears and seen some crap stories about UPS and I just wonder how the heck it all happens, why doesn't anyone step in and fix it all up to get more peoples trust in the shipping company, it would make sales and profit go up..........
another reason to pick up your own stuff and not ship with UPS...
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Didn't read the thank God for insurance line
Just as well. I'd have cried if that happened to a new amp of mine and it wasn't insured.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by moody07747
Ive hears and seen some crap stories about UPS and I just wonder how the heck it all happens, why doesn't anyone step in and fix it all up to get more peoples trust in the shipping company, it would make sales and profit go up..........

My brother's exgirlfriend's dad hooked him up with a job at a UPS shipping center away back for a summer job. Probably about 5 years ago. They THROW the packages onto the trucks, as if they loaded them by hand, it would take far too long. Their insurance sucks too; have fun getting a dime out of them. I only ship UPS anymore if the person prefers because they have an account and can make the label and all that crap, otherwise I us USPS.
Dude **** UPS. They're horrible. Call them up and start cussing and getting all out of control and stuff.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Well their name doesn't sound like OOPS for nothing

on a different note: does it still work? how does it sound?
The amp does work, for now... It sounds fine.

i'm really worried that something might be loose, and fail later on because of this damage.

Should I fight for a full refund, to buy a new amp, or just fight for the money to get a replacement cabinet?

I've been looking at the F-50 combo's for years, and I finally found one that I could afford at the time... needless to say, I'm really bummed out.
half the time they bitch when you accept a broken box to begin with.
(yeah i know it's impossible to be there when the box arrives.)

who did you buy it from, isnt this their problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
full refund IMO
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Yes, the seller is contacting the UPS store he shipped out of, to file the claim.

the package was shipped to my school address, the package center, and the box honestly didn't look too bad.

I've kept all the packaging, and have pics of it all too.

I work at a UPS store, so I know how ****ting UPS is with shipping, and claims.

Wish me luck!
Quote by CJRocker
My brother's exgirlfriend's dad hooked him up with a job at a UPS shipping center away back for a summer job. Probably about 5 years ago. They THROW the packages onto the trucks, as if they loaded them by hand, it would take far too long. Their insurance sucks too; have fun getting a dime out of them. I only ship UPS anymore if the person prefers because they have an account and can make the label and all that crap, otherwise I us USPS.

When I was an electricians helper I went to both a DHL and UPS ship center...

DHL was ok, they handle the boxes nice and have a belt setup that keeps everything on track but I could see a box falling off the set .

UPS has belt setups everywhere and yes they do toss the boxes all around when loading trucks. When unloading they push the boxes out the back of the truck which runs down a sub belt and to a main belt, if they were to push a large box out of the truck it could easily smash into a smaller item on the main belt and it would end up on the floor if not broken.

I use USPS 99% of the time myself..
You should also be questioning the seller... It couldve been like this when he shipped it aswell. Infact, it could be part of a scheme on his part. He sends out the smashed up Mesa to you, and claims that it was shipping. He keeps your money, and USPS pays you (if you have insurance)
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by ErikHoppy
the package was shipped to my school address, the package center, and the box honestly didn't look too bad.

I've kept all the packaging, and have pics of it all too.

I work at a UPS store, so I know how ****ting UPS is with shipping, and claims.

Wish me luck!

The box didn't look bad? For the chassis to have damage like that, the box would have to be somewhat beaten up and show signs of being dropped and/or mishandled.
Quote by Guitarmiester
The box didn't look bad? For the chassis to have damage like that, the box would have to be somewhat beaten up and show signs of being dropped and/or mishandled.

Which makes complete sense if the buyer shipped it with the amp already smashed. I think this is a job for the UG Detectives?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by ErikHoppy
Well, the corners of the box were pushed in, but it wasn't like, really really bad. Definitely went through quite a bit of handling though.

the seller is pissed off, and contacting the UPS Store tomorrow.

Goodluck man!

regardless of the damage.. congrats on the purchase
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
I wouldn't let let them just pay for the repair. I would demand a full replacement. I used to deliver for them a while ago. I can almost guarantee it wasn't the drivers fault. They pay kids min wage for the overnight shift to pack the trucks. Those kids usually smoke weed all night and don't give a crap about their crappy job. U.P.S. is insured for a lot. I don't think it would take much convincing to get them to pay for another complete amp.

Sorry and good luck.
Sue them until their teeth fall out.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Quote by ErikHoppy

Should I fight for a full refund, to buy a new amp, or just fight for the money to get a replacement cabinet?

Yes!
DAMN yes.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by ErikHoppy
If I do get a refund for the insured amount, to buy a new amp...what happens to the current one? Do they take it, or let me keep it?

Go for the amp, and use the cab plan as a fallback.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Mesa gets as deserved.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
if it still works as it should, you could just ducktape the **** out of it, if you like that sort of look.
If it is insured, which it sounds like it is, you should be fine in the long run. But yea, you do have to deal with the issue. A scam is a possibility, but not likely. There does exist a chance that they will refund you and pay for another complete new amp. (Don't use ups on the next one). You MAY end up with two amps, so fix the one you have on your own or have a shop do it if you aren't capable once you get the pristine new amp. (You may have to return the amp once you get a new one, but if you get $$$ from ups for a replacement I doubt they will want the broken one.)
Page 1 of 2