Do the other Guitar Pro users out there realize that you do NOT need to make a new track when you want to switch from distorted to clean, or any other amp tone?

It's kind of annoying to get Guitar Pro tabs where I can't play along unless I want to change tracks every time it switches to clean. Simply hit F10 and BAM! Mix-table!

I'm aware that many people know of this, but I'm hoping just a few people will see this and use it.

I really don't like seeing tabs with two tracks for each guitar. Unless it's two guitars overlapping each other, there is no need...
Last edited by NemX162 at Apr 10, 2008,
I basically use,

2 Left guitars - One distortion guitar for rthyhm, one overdriven guitar for lead.
2 Right guitars - One distortion guitar for rthyhm, one overdriven guitar for lead.
2 Center guitars - One overdriven for main solo's, the other is also overdriven, sometimes harmonzies the lead guitar in solo's. Sometimes guitars are switched to acoustic.
A bass in the center,
A drum track,
And an other track for organs/piano/strings int he center for whatever.

I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
I basically use,

2 Left guitars - One distortion guitar for rthyhm, one overdriven guitar for lead.
2 Right guitars - One distortion guitar for rthyhm, one overdriven guitar for lead.
2 Center guitars - One overdriven for main solo's, the other is also overdriven, sometimes harmonzies the lead guitar in solo's. Sometimes guitars are switched to acoustic.
A bass in the center,
A drum track,
And an other track for organs/piano/strings int he center for whatever.

You can actually change all the settings, even the L/R pan from the mixer.

So, if you only need two guitars playing at once. You really only need 2 tracks.
the problem with only doing 2 guitars is that you usually get a really thinned out, and weaker sound in the music, say you had 2 guitars, both are doing rhythm, but then the right guitar changes to a lead section. What you are left with is a great big gap of rhythm on the right side (this is just an example, it could also be a variety of other things),.. Alot more guitars gives a more powerful, thicker edge to music. Layering it also makes it possible to have more complex sounding songs. It may not be practical for learning, but it is effective in getting a more powerful sound.
Quote by NemX162
You can actually change all the settings, even the L/R pan from the mixer.

So, if you only need two guitars playing at once. You really only need 2 tracks.

Yeah, I know!

But I only ever use the mix table for pan's and shxt when i'm deserately short on midi channels, I like to write my stuff out in tab how I plan to record it!

It makes it less confusing for me when I got to record
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Well, this was more targeted at tabs made to learn stuff by other bands, not for your own stuff.