I love metal. Metallica, Slayer, Death, Sabbath, Yngwie etc. But at the same time, I am deep into the blues of SRV, Hendrix, Rob Johson, BB King etc. I want to combine these two, but sometimes I feel I can't. On top of these two, I love classical, roots music (30s country, folk, etc.), rock and a bit of jazz. Any help with dealing with this feeling? sometimes I feel I am to eclectic and have too many influences.
Quote by slayer1516
I love metal. Metallica, Slayer, Death, Sabbath, Yngwie etc. But at the same time, I am deep into the blues of SRV, Hendrix, Rob Johson, BB King etc. I want to combine these two, but sometimes I feel I can't. On top of these two, I love classical, roots music (30s country, folk, etc.), rock and a bit of jazz. Any help with dealing with this feeling? sometimes I feel I am to eclectic and have too many influences.

You can never have enough influences. Those with a limited range of influences, those that say 'I only listen to...' are going to have a very limited range of music they can play.
So rather than saying 'I like this particular type of music.' just say 'I like music.' Personaly, some my influences are Motorhead, Lonnie Donegan, Led Zep, MC5, Mozart, Talking Heads, The Tubes, Jake Thackery, Stanley Clarke, Chumbawamba, Ray Charles, Therapy?, Hawkwind, ect, ect...

You have a very healthy taste in music, and with so many influences going into your own personal music, what comes out should be quite rich, so stop worrying about it because you actualy have an advantage over the average musician.
Being into different types of music is a good thing. It will help you have originality in your writing. Besides, blues and metal are related genres. People have combined stranger things with good results. Look at A Tribe Called Quest they mixed jazz with rap.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
just chill. when you feel overwhelmed, just step back for a minute. in some way or another, your influences will show in your writing. no matter what, it just happens.

dude, you're not eclectic enough!
Quote by Freunleven
What is it about that music, that which inspires you, that makes you want to play? Write and play so as to capture that feeling. If you play from the heart, you can never go wrong.

unless ur a bad musician.

no seriously, my band have the same thing, we play rock metal blues acoutic and even mix the songs its great becoz like that u can attract more fans, for example: a metal band only atracts metal fans so u with ur wide range of likings could atreact dfrent types of fans