I've red the comments I got on my song remember, and someone wat reccomending adding a lead guitar to the mix. Well, I just gave it a shot and this is the result!
You can listen to is on my profile, called: "Remember new"

Tell me what you think! I'm allway's in for a crit on your piece if I have the time
Beautiful man...

Could you tab it out for me? All I really need is the intro
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Thanks You two!

Well, I could give you the notes I'm playing, but I don't really know how that part whereI slide down play, allso becouse I play it different time to time. I can say the rithm guitar is finker picked.

Here is the beginning, I guess you can find out the rest on your own:

E------------------------------------------------------
B--------------8--7\5--------5\3--------3p0-------
G------------------------------------------------------
D-------9---------------------------------------------
A---7---------------\5----5----\3----3--------------
E------------------------------------------------------
Let all notes ring
(only permitted to use this for personal usings)

You mean this part right?

Any more commens?
Last edited by poekie1337 at Apr 11, 2008,
O dear me i comment before on the old version of this.. but now to listen to the new

The guitar sound cleaner which is good
did u add more Chorus?

A nice little solo, not to standing out from the rest of the instruments but was necessary and was great, something basic yet powerful

the bass sounds a lot better than the first version

well the guitar solo has continued for a lot longer than i though it would lol still good

It sound thousands times better than the older version

overall its a good little piece of music,

also are the solos improv.
hey thanks for the crit on mine
ill listen as i write so i dont forget anything.

i love the clean mellow tone of your playing here at the start. the bass i nice, very easy to pick out. the lead is great. theres a few parts where it could use a bit more sustain and a fuller tone(i recommend a small amount of delay) really good phrasing on the lead. maybe roll back the treble a little bit o n the lead and increase the volume a bit.
this is something i could put on and drift away into a deep sleep, i really like it.
good job!
Quote by Martindecorum
O dear me i comment before on the old version of this.. but now to listen to the new

Yeah thanks for that comment! You say it reminds you of th RHCP, I listen a lot to it, great influance it is.

The guitar sound cleaner which is good
did u add more Chorus?

the bass sounds a lot better than the first version

nope, no chorus. I toned the volume a bit down what ment the quality went far up than the previous version.

A nice little solo, not to standing out from the rest of the instruments but was necessary and was great, something basic yet powerful

well the guitar solo has continued for a lot longer than i though it would lol still good

Yes it has, I was just playing untill the song stopped. I wanted to fill it up with something. If there would be vocals then it would probebly will a lot less.

Quote by diablo_man

i love the clean mellow tone of your playing here at the start. the bass i nice, very easy to pick out. the lead is great. theres a few parts where it could use a bit more sustain and a fuller tone(i recommend a small amount of delay) really good phrasing on the lead. maybe roll back the treble a little bit o n the lead and increase the volume a bit.
this is something i could put on and drift away into a deep sleep, i really like it.
good job!

more sustain,... how do you accomplish somthing like that? I know it has to do with how the guitar is build, but any other things I can change besides playing on a different guitar? Would more gain effect it?

Delay, hmm, maybe not a bad idea... so far I used a little bit of reverb.
Phrasing on the lead... like it ends with th right notes does that mean right?
As for the treble, I don't have a treble knob on my Micro cube Amp I do have my tone knobs on my guitar aswell as on the amp, but that's not going to effect treble much or is it?

Thank you all for your feedback, it's very appreciated!
hmmm your guitars tone knob would work just as well. sustain wise there are several things you can do. if you are on an electric guitar crank the gain and boost the mids a bit, just a bit of delay and reverb help there too.
yeah phraseing is just your chosen combinations of note. they were nice
Like the intro, nice vibe. The second guitar also enters nicely.
Really tasteful stuff. I can almost visualize a harmony on the lead guitar.
Mixing was really good
Id say - develop this into a structured song with vocals, it'll be great.

Crit mine plz: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=839837
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)