This is a song I recorded with my friend in his studio at low pay. i played everything and sang. The main thing I need feedback on is the vocals. I just think they sound weak, and also some of the parts he pitch shifted basicly into whole different melodies. I also think theres too much reverb.

So give me honest opinions here on the singing. I know they're not the best already, so you don't have to tear them apart, just let me know what you think could be different, or maybe if you think they're awesome. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, because after all I'm the only one that really knows how I wanted them to come out. Its in my profile.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Apr 11, 2008,
Wow , it sounds professional.

Everything was very well done , the vocals .. may not be as bad as you think .. I think in fact they are pretty good .

Very well done.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
Quote by xCobainx
Wow , it sounds professional.

Everything was very well done , the vocals .. may not be as bad as you think .. I think in fact they are pretty good .

Very well done.

How do you feel about the writing? Like the riffs?
We're only strays.
Holy **** thats epic!

Id have a backing guitar to fill out between the lovely technical playing.

I really cant say anything bad, id maybe suggest pushing your voice if your able.

This is definitely on par with BFMV.
Dude I was pushing hard! It sucks because up until the last day - or supposed-to-be last day - I thought I was pushing right, from the diaphragm. But I wasn't. So my friend was basicly like, man this sucks, you have until tomorrow (our dead line) to learn to get more out of it.

So thats basicly the product of 24 hours of practice and research. I'm going back to record vocals again because I know they can get better. I'm glad you like the song, though, thanks for listening.
We're only strays.
at around the 2:15, i would build on that sustained chord, have a really slow crushing section(not a breakdown) then segue back in to the song.
i have nothing bad to say about the guitar playing, its all great, sweet touch with the acoustic section! maybe add a "true" solo at some point later in the song, really wind out a bit would be awesome!
singing wise, its not bad. i was kind of expecting some form of growling vocals, but yours work well. they dont have much drive behind them( my favorite singing style, is either growling or really balls to the wall operatic singing, so not much i can say about these) maybe try recording at a slightly lower volume and really singing loudly. also bring them up in the mix a bit.
good song, very solid work
Quote by diablo_man
at around the 2:15, i would build on that sustained chord, have a really slow crushing section(not a breakdown) then segue back in to the song.
i have nothing bad to say about the guitar playing, its all great, sweet touch with the acoustic section! maybe add a "true" solo at some point later in the song, really wind out a bit would be awesome!
singing wise, its not bad. i was kind of expecting some form of growling vocals, but yours work well. they dont have much drive behind them( my favorite singing style, is either growling or really balls to the wall operatic singing, so not much i can say about these) maybe try recording at a slightly lower volume and really singing loudly. also bring them up in the mix a bit.
good song, very solid work

Thanks, very useful crit!
We're only strays.