i was thinking about getting a cheaper esp viper and putting a new neck and pickups on it on it. what necks are fast and flat? and which pickups would be good for a versatile rock/metal, or blues sounds?
EMG 81 / 85 or Black outs
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Um I pretty sure ESP Vipers have set necks.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
don't listen to hammet, EMGs are very high gain and IMO suck at blues.
---▲===
Pink Floyd
why dont u just save up a little more for a gibson sg special and not fuk a perfectly good guitar up
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop 50's Neck
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Line 6 Spider 3 150
Line 6 Pocket POD

Member #23 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
^+1- the viper is just an SG ripoff, if you save up for a gibson (like i did) it will blow you away. you will never need another guitar
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
no, a viper is set neck-the neck is glued in
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
really? then you could, but idk if the dimensions would be the same
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
hmm il have to go to my guitar shop but i wish epi sg's had bolt on necks (I just want an sg shape but with a flat fast neck)
epi sg special does have a bolt on (i know i have one)!!!!
and its $160-170! so, yeah, theres you other option
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
cherry red and black
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
and so does the epi G-310- which still has a bolt on but is higher quality
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
yea! and the 310 comes in white and a black pickguard (ideal colors for me) but still idk if that would work with an ibanez neck.(Right now i have a white g400)
go into guitar center with a ruler in your pocket and measure, that way you dont buy both and the realize oh s*** this doesnt fit!!!!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
no problem and good luck!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
post pics when ur done
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking