Hi everyone,
I just bought a B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST . It comes with 2 black open Rockfield mafia humbuckers Pickups. Picture

Anyway, when I play clean the guitar sounds great , but when I put it on distortion it sounds buzzy and not clear.

My questions are :
1. Is this problem caused by the guitar it self , the Pickups or the amp. ?

2. If the problem is from my amp., Dose buying a distortion pedal ganna fix the problem?

P. S. : I have a Zoom Fire M-36 Modeling amp.

Thanks guys
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
A decent distorion pedal would do you good either way.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
It could quite possibly be your amp and guitar. B.C. Rich guitars arn't exactly the clearest mother ****ing guitars when it comes to distortion. I suggest getting a new amp.
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Quote by shpaz

P. S. : I have a Zoom Fire M-36 Modeling amp.

enough said
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by The Minorthreat
I say it might be the strings or pick-ups?

Sound clip would help BTW.

Don't want to be an ass, but no man, it's neither and it practically never is.

It's the amp, it's damn near everytime the amp unless your guitar has, like, an electrical failure or something which this obviously dosn't have because it's somewhat higher end and it sounds good clean.

A dist pedal may get you a bit further towards a nice sound but well if your amp's distortion is crap then I'd go get a new amp and go from there.
Quote by Aziraphale
Don't want to be an ass, but no man, it's neither and it practically never is.

It's the amp, it's damn near everytime the amp unless your guitar has, like, an electrical failure or something which this obviously dosn't have because it's somewhat higher end and it sounds good clean.

A dist pedal may get you a bit further towards a nice sound but well if your amp's distortion is crap then I'd go get a new amp and go from there.

I see your point...BtW your not being an ass.
Get a new amp man. Before you do, try your guitar out on one of your friend's amp.

Make sure it's a good amp.
You'll definitely want to look into a new amp. You've got a 600$ guitar and a 200$ amp.
Great Amp + Decent Guitar > Decent Amp + Great Guitar
D:
Signature.
OK Thanks guys very much. I'll start to save for a new amp. ( not again!!)
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar