Can anyone tell me of any good heads and cabs that could be used to gig as well as practice.

I play mainly Blues, Rock (gnR, Zepplin ect.), metal and punk.

as for the price range... i dont know ...about £1000-1500($2000-3000) for all of it

Thanks

Mattinho

\m/\m/
/\
|
|
i agree. id get one (or any orange tbh) but i dont have a job.
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey
You could check out the Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace (or Deuce) or a Marshall from the Vintage Modern series, not a Marshall guy but since Paul Gilbert switched to this and Slash too, should be considered.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
ok cool ...i'll go and check them out tomorrow, does anyone know what Mesaboogie heads go with marshall cabs?
Quote by stradivari310
Why do you need a half stack?

Dont need one . . . i just thought it would be a big step up for the tiny thing i've got now . . . do you know any other good amps that would suit then? i guess they'd be cheaper as well =P
Quote by Mattinho
Dont need one . . . i just thought it would be a big step up for the tiny thing i've got now . . . do you know any other good amps that would suit then? i guess they'd be cheaper as well =P

30-50 watts tube is all you need for practicing and most gigs. Unless you're playing an arena, a half stack is NOT necessary. The Orange Rockerverb comes in combo form (http://orangeamps.com/products.asp?Action=View&ID=72) and it's probably one of the best amps you can get.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i just checked the orange rockverb 50w out ...that one looks like the smarter choice. . . .will try one out tomorrow....thanks for your help stradivari310 . . .just so i can try some other amps do you know any good marshall?
Quote by Mattinho
i just checked the orange rockverb 50w out ...that one looks like the smarter choice. . . .will try one out tomorrow....thanks for your help stradivari310 . . .just so i can try some other amps do you know any good marshall?

I'm no Marshall expert, but try anything that's not MG or AVT. If you can get your hands on a plexi just to try it out it's not a bad idea.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments