might be a dumb question. i want to use my blackheart little giant head for church praise and worship band when i get it from the shop. but i would really like to use it straight into the PA system if possible. is it possible to connect from one of the ohms outputs into the PA? if it is i wouldn't know which one to use as it has three different ones: 4, 8 and 16.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i'd only use it though a line out, if the amp has one. but like, the speaker outs could damage if you use them through a mixer, to m knowledge anyway.
you cant run an amp head direct to a mixer board, it needs the proper load or youll end up hurting the amp.

they make load boxes for amps so you can play headphones but the best way to go is just using a mic and mic the amp cab then run that to the PA board.

everyone says try the SM57 but theres other mics out there that sound better to my ear. I think the 57 has its good points but it sounds harsh in most settings...
Yeah, these guys are right. You MUST have a load for the amp's speaker output (I use a THD Hot Plate or a Palmer PDI03). These load boxes have a line out feature that sends your low-level guitar signal into the power amp (if your amp has it's own line out feature, you still need a load box). DO NOT run your speaker output into the front of any other amp or PA head.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
so pretty much letting one of our spare vocal mics hang in front of the cab? i'd like to do that but knowing the rhythm guitarist he'll have a fit and say it's too much hassle. (he doesn't care so much about tone, just simplicity, even if it means we all sound sterile and boring)

haha this is the guy that told me last night to ditch my OD pedal b/c the PA EQ was whack and distortin easy. i was like "there's hardly any gain coming from this pedal, and what is the point of having to completely clean electric guitars?! i use GAIN so i can give a thicker sound and have leads" . he didn't say anything after that, but i swear it's hard to get this guy to see anything my way...he'd rather use a V-amp multi FX pedal into a bass amp VS. a tube amp just b/c he doesn't care that much. "i'm playing clean all the time, i dont need all that nicer stuff..."
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
oh and thanx for lettng me know. it's not somethin i would have done w/o knowing first, but i figured i'd ask JUST IN CASE. thanx
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
so pretty much letting one of our spare vocal mics hang in front of the cab? i'd like to do that but knowing the rhythm guitarist he'll have a fit and say it's too much hassle. (he doesn't care so much about tone, just simplicity, even if it means we all sound sterile and boring)

haha this is the guy that told me last night to ditch my OD pedal b/c the PA EQ was whack and distortin easy. i was like "there's hardly any gain coming from this pedal, and what is the point of having to completely clean electric guitars?! i use GAIN so i can give a thicker sound and have leads" . he didn't say anything after that, but i swear it's hard to get this guy to see anything my way...he'd rather use a V-amp multi FX pedal into a bass amp VS. a tube amp just b/c he doesn't care that much. "i'm playing clean all the time, i dont need all that nicer stuff..."

If you use a load box, you can also crank the daylights out of your amp & get power tube distortion (may not need your OD pedal!). I know nothing about the Blackheart-I'm just assuming it's tube. The volume will be regulated by the PA head. The Hot Plates are the best value for the money for doing this type of thing.
(The Palmer units are twice the cost). You just set the Hot Plate to "load", & connect no cabs to it. Run the Hot Plate's line out to the PA. Smoking tone.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
i prolly wont do anything like that b/c i'm not getting ready to buy a Hotplate. not just for once every other weekend praise session. i get to crank my tube amps both the 5 and 50 watt ones here in my yard so i would never use the hotplate for anything else. therefor it wouldn't be worth the money i pay for it. i appreciate the info though. i will keep it in mind if i ever get into a situation where i NEED to set up like that. till then if i want to go through the PA i'll just mic the amp cab
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH