Poll: Did we land on the moon?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did we land on the moon?
Yes
254 73%
No
44 13%
Not sure
52 15%
Voters: 350.
Page 1 of 3
Just a response to the thread "Some questions for you to think about... "

what do you think?

i've wondered about this because i don't know that any other country has had a moon landing, it happened at a time where it definitely raised morale and patriotism, and we haven't had a moonwalk in a long while. i just find it very fishy...
Last edited by dudius at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by rizo299
I've never met you let alone traveled to the moon with you.

So no, not yet we haven't.

now i feel smart.

i edited it.
My father worked for NASA as an Aerospace Engineer on all the Apollo projects.

Yes, we went to the damn moon.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Anyone saying "no" deserves a permaban.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i never think any one did, ever scince the original appolo missions how come for like 30 years with all the advances in technology no ones gone back?

edit: tee hee kensai i got you there
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
awwe....i'm the only one who thinks the didnt...but i think they do...i just wanna be diffrent

edit: was the first one tho! lol
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Well if it didn't happen the Russians would have made sure that the American public knew about it, also there are a lot of instruments that have been put on the moon by the astronauts that scientists still use today *for example a set of mirrors which scientists use to reflect back a laser to measure the time it takes for the laser to be reflected back so they can know how far away the moon is* Now that couldn't have got there by magic.
Quote by vegetoe01
Well if it didn't happen the Russians would have made sure that the American public knew about it, also there are a lot of instruments that have been put on the moon by the astronauts that scientists still use today *for example a set of mirrors which scientists use to reflect back a laser to measure the time it takes for the laser to be reflected back so they can know how far away the moon is* Now they couldn't have got there by magic.

the moon rotates how does that work?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
how come for like 30 years with all the advances in technology no ones gone back?

What would be the point if we had already done all the experiments etc we had set out to do? Plus it what would be the point in spending billions of dollars on new space missions just to prove the few foolish people such as yourself that the did in fact go to the moon in the first place?
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by aleb
what would be the point in spending billions of dollars on new space missions just to prove the few foolish people such as yourself that the did in fact go to the moon in the first place?

you dont need to go ragging on the skeptics out there. if i'm a christian and you're an atheist and then God does come and take me to heaven and you end up in hell, how would you like me to treat you like that? even if you're right, you don't need to be a jackoff about it.
Quote by aleb
What would be the point if we had already done all the experiments etc we had set out to do? Plus it what would be the point in spending billions of dollars on new space missions just to prove the few foolish people such as yourself that the did in fact go to the moon in the first place?

well not everything has been done im quite sure of that id have thought they would still want to do more, and it could have so easily been done one earth in photos the shadows are the wrong way and the flags blowing!! there s no wind on the moon never happend imo and im entitled to my opinion
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by aleb

Also, after the space race the interest (*cough* funding *cough*) had gone down considerably. The future of space exploration and development is in the private sectors.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
Quote by aleb

+1

lets go to mars and fight some aliens
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
as an aeronautical engineering student, whenever people ask this question, it makes me want to punch them in the face........

Yes we landed on the moon, and that is a fact.
To even question this is an insult to the millions of people that worked tirelessly to make sure that it happened.

You say that just because no other country has done it, it sounds fishy?
you how complicated going to the moon is?
you cant just decide one day that your going to the moon
it takes YEARS of planning by some of the smartest people on earth
not to mention the fact that a 70 foot rocket made of titanium/aluminum alloys along with massive quantities of fuel, solid rocket boosters, hundreds of miles worth of wires and circuitry, is not the cheapest thing ever made...

People like you sicken me.......
Quote by rancidryan
well not everything has been done im quite sure of that id have thought they would still want to do more, and it could have so easily been done one earth in photos the shadows are the wrong way and the flags blowing!! there s no wind on the moon never happend imo and im entitled to my opinion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/solarsystem/earth/apolloevidence.shtml

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
I don't really know but my thoughts are that since the space has 0 gravity then there would be absolutely no wind. However in the video of man walking on the moon the flag the was planted in the ground was blowing by the force of wind. So they may have staged it.
Quote by Jumeriah
as an aeronautical engineering student, whenever people ask this question, it makes me want to punch them in the face........

Yes we landed on the moon, and that is a fact.
To even question this is an insult to the millions of people that worked tirelessly to make sure that it happened.

You say that just because no other country has done it, it sounds fishy?
you how complicated going to the moon is?
you cant just decide one day that your going to the moon
it takes YEARS of planning by some of the smartest people on earth
not to mention the fact that a 70 foot rocket made of titanium/aluminum alloys along with massive quantities of fuel, solid rocket boosters, hundreds of miles worth of wires and circuitry, is not the cheapest thing ever made...

this guy gave me a chuckle what a snob
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
they did, if you say no you're being an idiot. the reason we don't go back is because space funding is extremly limited and what there is is better spent on going to new places, rather than repeating the same voyage ad naseum.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by drag_the_waters
I don't really know but my thoughts are that since the space has 0 gravity then there would be absolutely no wind. However in the video of man walking on the moon the flag the was planted in the ground was blowing by the force of wind. So they may have staged it.

There was no wind. The flags have horizontal poles attached to them so that they will remain open in low gravity. If you try to twist the flag pole into the ground, they flag will move in response to the movement of the horizontal bar.

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
what people don't understand is that the soviets had us under extreme scrutiny during the space race.... the soviet union would not have let us stage that no matter how much money we offered them, it was a matter of pride and dignity... so in conclusion, yes, its quite obvious we went to the moon
Quote by Jumeriah

hey mate im an engineering student too...some people just refuse to listen to the reason and thought even though you study that field of science.

all you can do is let the logic monster loose

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
The moon landing if a lie just like the Holocaust.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by barb3rman
The moon landing if a lie just like the Holocaust.

That my friends is a troll.

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
this guy gave me a chuckle what a snob

you're an idiot. go study engineering and then get back to us

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by rancidryan
i never think any one did, ever scince the original appolo missions how come for like 30 years with all the advances in technology no ones gone back?

edit: tee hee kensai i got you there

wow this is a well educated comment,

why dont we go back?

going to the moon is not like going to the local mall where you can go anytime you wish and i think people are forgetting how massive a distance between the moon and the earth actually is.
not to mention the work involved with space flight is STAGGERING.

and another thing, while there have been advances in technology, they are not cheap and some of the older model airplanes are still in use today
did you know that the B-52 bomber was invented in the 40's?
thats right and its still the primary bomber used in the united states military.
the stealth bombers cost upwards of several BILLION dollars. Just because it old doesnt mean it doesn't work.

by the way, the B-52's cost 1/100th of the new stealth bombers

so before you act like you know what your talking about, please do some research or you will look as dumb as do you now...
Last edited by Jumeriah at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by Jumeriah
wow this is a well educated comment,

why dont we go back?

going to the moon is not like going to the local mall where you can go anytime you wish and i think people are forgetting how massive a distance between the moon and the earth actually is.
not to mention the work involved with space flight is STAGGERING.

and another thing, while there have been advances in technology, they are not cheap and some of the older model airplanes are still in use today
did you know that the B-52 bomber was invented in the 40's?
thats right and its still the primary bomber used in the united states military.
the stealth bombers cost upwards of several BILLION dollars. Just because it old doesnt mean it doesn't work.

so before you act like you know what your talking about, please do some research or you will dumb as do you now...

+100,000,000,000,000,000,000

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Without that huge wall of text response to "Why don't we go back", the short answer is:

We did.

The slightly longer but more explanatory answer is:

We did, and it sucked balls. Why would we want to?
Quote by rancidryan
the moon rotates how does that work?

by the way, yes the moon does rotate but due to the earths rotation and the moons orbit around the earth, only one side of the moon faces the earth at all times. the other side will NEVER be seen without the use of a satellite positioned over it. Hence the name the dark side of the moon.
.. I wanna watch that video TheBF but I have dialup.. can someone explain briefly what it is??
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Page 1 of 3