he uses randall amplifiers and washburn guitars
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
I thnk he uses a signiture Digitech pedal as well.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
He uses, I think, 3 LP Standards with ernie ball strings adn different tunings, a digitech Wh-1 whammy, a Boss PH-2 phazer, and a Dunlop Cry-baby Wah Wah.
Quote by JakdOnCrack
I know that he uses this sick nasty pedal called The Weapon. It's from Digitech, and even if you don't like disturbed, it's epic win. It's even got Sitar effect.

Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i find it hard to believe Dan Donnegan uses "the weapon" for anything live really...he doesn't need fake distortion from a pedal no matter how great it sounds....and ....wait....why am i going on? HE DOESN'T USE 'THE WEAPON' LIVE OR ON RECORDINGS!!! hahaha
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by JakdOnCrack
I know that he uses this sick nasty pedal called The Weapon. It's from Digitech, and even if you don't like disturbed, it's epic win. It's even got Sitar effect.

I highly doubt that as it's £65. That's less than the Zakk Wylde wah which is god awful.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
I highly doubt that as it's £65. That's less than the Zakk Wylde wah which is god awful.

and his OD is god awful - generally dont get ZW stuff unless you like spending the money thats already up your ass

p.s he also "says" the MG is cool - boy, that redneck will do anything for a free amp and a handful of green...
eh....Zakk's sold out in a way that many other musicians have. slash has done it (too bad, he's still my biggest influence) w/ the vintage modern Marshall i believe. Other guitarists do it w/ guitars/amps/strings/effects pedals....whether or not the particular thing being sold is of high quality does matter to some extent, but selling out is selling out.

but as long as the performer themself can still rip it up i dont think it matters. doesn't make them any less talented.

though i have to tell ya...personally i think ATHLETES are the biggest sellouts that exist. Every kid dreaming bout being on the court for a living one day also dreams bout having his own endorsement for basketball shoes. everyone sells out to some degree....but thank God there's not a Zakk Wylde or Slash Coffin being sold....KISS should be the only ones disgraced by how much they endorse b/c they just take it TOO FAR.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I have nothing against Zakk Wylde or anyone who does it. I was merely stating that the "weapon" retails for less than ZW's wah, and his wah is terrible so I doubt the "weapon" is gunna be very good.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by slash_rocks2005
eh....Zakk's sold out in a way that many other musicians have. slash has done it (too bad, he's still my biggest influence) w/ the vintage modern Marshall i believe. Other guitarists do it w/ guitars/amps/strings/effects pedals....whether or not the particular thing being sold is of high quality does matter to some extent, but selling out is selling out.

but as long as the performer themself can still rip it up i dont think it matters. doesn't make them any less talented.

though i have to tell ya...personally i think ATHLETES are the biggest sellouts that exist. Every kid dreaming bout being on the court for a living one day also dreams bout having his own endorsement for basketball shoes. everyone sells out to some degree....but thank God there's not a Zakk Wylde or Slash Coffin being sold....KISS should be the only ones disgraced by how much they endorse b/c they just take it TOO FAR.

nice to see someone thats a fan, but still keeps their feet firmly on the ground!

we can look up to these people, but my god, we dont have to respect their shoddy, greedy business decisions...
aint that the truth brotha...
and to jambi, if you think i was offended i didn't mean to sound that way. it was just my personal opinion on endorsements, just hearing everyone on the forums talk bout a guitarist who has a couple or more endorsements for products that aren't that great. jus sayin it could be worse lol....i mean come on....TIGER WOODS POWERAID?! or is it gatoraid....who the f*ck cares? it's RIDICULOUS. or those rapper's "Pimp Juice" or wutever it was...

yea some performers endorse really nice products and some endorse garbage, some endorse BOTH. guess everyone's gotta have that extra money for the third underground swimming pool in their house
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
No worries. I didn't even mean to bring the subjects of endorsements and selling out. Even if it wasn't endorsed by ZW, I'd still call his wah garbage coz it is. I quite like ZW actually. And as you said, if you're gunna hate ZW for endorsing something then you're gunna have to hate everyone coz they all do it.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
tru dat. if all the stars only endorsed the most premium equipment....then NOOBS wouldn't know what to buy!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
In a guitar world magazine a couple months ago they interviewed him and i remember him saying he had a signature preamp module (on the amps with the switchable modules i assume) and he said he used that on his album and live.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
SkateEmerica, i'm sure he was referring to the Randall MTS series. which i must say are quite stunning as i own the RM50 model he DOES have a signature module and it's like $250 BY ITSELF. if you dont know how the MTS series works just look it up, simply put- the modules act as the seperate 'channels' of the MTS amps.

these randall amps are ALL TUBE and the preamps are ALL TUBE. beautiful amps....i still need to send mine to get repaired under warranty since somethin blew up on the inside while jamming last month
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i find it hard to believe Dan Donnegan uses "the weapon" for anything live really...he doesn't need fake distortion from a pedal no matter how great it sounds....and ....wait....why am i going on? HE DOESN'T USE 'THE WEAPON' LIVE OR ON RECORDINGS!!! hahaha

Actually....

Theres a review in Guitar player were he states he use's the pedal in the studios for his old school sounds. Because its the easiest way to recreate the tone, instead of bringing in a ton of gear.

Also the his a rather big box of pedals that he uses from time to time so who knows what he is using...
Don uses Mesa's for outdoor events, his signature Randalls for indoor
he uses his signature washburn guitar of course
A wah
and his pedal.
Quote by JakdOnCrack

i played it. its not very good id say, other than the sitar effect. IMO
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Dan Donegan worked with Washburn and designed his own signature, you can see a video of it on youtube. Its called the Maya series, they're are a few different models. The DD60 series are the lower end with just Headhunter pups, but the higher end 70/80 series have am El Diablo and Seymour Duncan 59's and a few other goodies, but still with no trem. I was thinking about getting one awhile back, but no shop even remotely nearby carries them, and I wouldn't risk buying a guitar just on looks and the name that's associated with it.
They have a DD81 on Ebay that's been there for months going for $899, it was $1299 back when it was first listed

http://i3.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/d0/09/a274_1.JPG
Last edited by KingDev at Apr 11, 2008,