So, I've been saving money for a while (and No, this is not a "what should i buy" post but i've been having some questions about using multi-effects along with my amp.

I haven't purchased the Boss ME-50 yet, but i would like to have a lot of effects at my arsenal but still get the tone out of my Dual Rec without sacrificing well, my tone. If i were to get this multi effect processor, would i most likely have to throw it in the effects loop of my amp to get the proper effect sound, without distorting say, the reverb? (since my amp doesn't have it )

Anyways i would like to know if anyone with any amp uses a similar setup with this unit (or similar multi-effects processors) and, just generally likes what they hear with their tube amp?

Any suggestions or tips would be fantastic too.

Also, would using the given distortion on the pedal sound weak compared to a normal tube amp's sound?
There's nothing I like better than the sound of a banjo, unless of course it's the sound of a chicken caught in a vacuum cleaner.
I would just put the money towards single effects. You get better quality as well as a more choices customization and better sounds.

I was in a similar situation and bought a gt-8 and now I prefer single effects alot more.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I don't know, i am (kind of) short on cash, and don't have any effects now. It seems like it's very versatile and doesn't have amp modeling. Thats what i like about it. If i had 400-500 dollars to spend i would purchase individual boss pedals but i just cant!
There's nothing I like better than the sound of a banjo, unless of course it's the sound of a chicken caught in a vacuum cleaner.
Wow, thanks i'll look into those. Although I am short on cash, i am a "do it right the first time" kinda guy.
Thanks

(more suggestions welcome)
You can't go wrong with the units I linked you to in my previous post. You'll get much better results with any of them rather than using some Boss floor unit.