alright so i am wondering if i am allowed to slide with my pinky because during the sweet child of mine solo there is a large stretch when the solo starts picking up speed. then there is a slide right after the large stretch, that i can only reach with my pinky, but when i use my pinky i cant really hear anything. so i am wondering if it is bad technique to slide with the pinky and if i should just move my whole hand up on the fretboard
Do whatever feels comfortable to you. If you can pull off the pinky slide easily, that's cool, but from what you've said, I personally would probably move up the fretboard.
The problem you're going to find with that isn't that it's bad technique, it's probably just going to either hurt like hell, or you won't be able to apply enough pressure to actually get the slide. Like you may accidentally let off halfway through, which would sound like **** lol, or atleast not like the solo.

If you can, and you're comfortable with it, do it. If you can't seem to get it right, it'll just be easier to move your hand up.
well, unless u have really big hands you kinda have to make that stretch with the pinky. i do the pinky slide, and it sounds fine just gotta develop some strength in your pinky.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by ironman1478
alright so i am wondering if i am allowed to slide with my pinky because during the sweet child of mine solo there is a large stretch when the solo starts picking up speed. then there is a slide right after the large stretch, that i can only reach with my pinky, but when i use my pinky i cant really hear anything. so i am wondering if it is bad technique to slide with the pinky and if i should just move my whole hand up on the fretboard

You're not allowed. If you try, your guitar will break apart and burst into flames.
Yeah... you basically have to build up strength with the pinky... this same problem usually sets in when trying to finger-pick with the pinky... and tap with the pinky.

I still can't make pinch harmonics with it...
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Not allowed to use the pinky? O.o

Dude, if you have a finger use it.

If you don't start using your pinky now it'll only cause problems later.
Quote by ironman1478
alright so i am wondering if i am allowed to slide with my pinky

Absolutely not, I outright forbid it.

Just do whatever the hell feels most comfortable to you. Although you should naturally avoid getting into too many bad playing habits, guitar is supposed to be enjoyable, not a chore. And besides the more you use your little finger the better, strength in your little finger is a useful thing to have.
yah , build up your pinky strength with other songs and such, and eventually youll be able to pull off the pinky slide. until then you could move up the fboard, or keep trying the pinky or whatever you want to do
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.