a lower class esp(but more affordable), although there are high end ltd's which are quite nice. i guess you could somewhat compare it to epiphone and gibson
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
i'd like to know the difference between a LTD EC1000 and an ESP Eclipse II
I'm not sure if they do this to all of them but most Esp's I've seen have set necks while their counterpart Ltd's mostly seem to have bolt on necks.

Other than that the hardware is usually different.
Its the squire of Fender, the epiphone of Gibson etc etc

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by crucible#1
I'm not sure if they do this to all of them but most Esp's I've seen have set necks while their counterpart Ltd's mostly seem to have bolt on necks.

Other than that the hardware is usually different.

many ltd's have neck thru, or whatever it is ltd makes, called set-thru
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
The number of guitar players posting in this thread from the front page is just staggering.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by cedaguol
i'd like to know the difference between a LTD EC1000 and an ESP Eclipse II

Perhaps you should try asking the GUITAR forum.

I found this on wikipedia,

In 1996, ESP started a new brand, LTD. The LTD guitars are similar to ESP guitars and more affordable. The 400 series LTDs are made on an assembly line in Korea whereas the series below 400 are made in Indonesia. LTDs are made out of cheaper materials than ESPs and ESPs use better quality hardware. The custom ESPs are handcrafted in Japan while the standard ESPs are made in the ESP factory in Japan.

Although this is more directed at the guitar, the same seems to be true for the basses.
This doesn’t mean the LTDs are bad basses, I own a D-series and it’s a nice bass.