Ok, so I was going to buy the ISP Decimator as I've heard so many good things about it. It's more expensive than most other stompbox noise gates but I don't believe in skimping when it comes to gear, I like to get the best money can buy (or the best that I can afford) Then I find that ISP have a new noise gate.. The G-string (not the best name in the world) which costs even more.

So all I can ask is...is it worth the extra money??
Anyone have one or both that can tell me??

Thanks people
I have the decimator, it works wonders. The dial is pretty touchy to get it to be perfect but it is possible to get there.

Anything more, and your sound gets terribly muddy. At the 'perfect' setting, your sound, like your clean is barely affected. There is a true bypass also. G-String, strange name, would definately invest in that though now, that it is newer. Can't imagine how the decimator could get any better, so i'd be surprised.
Well I just got a Decimator and it doesn't colour my tone at all and gets rid of the hiss I was having.

I don't see how the G String can be any better? I couldn't justify the £130 so I just got the normal one for £70.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
G string can go through your effects loop and your guitar signal at the same time
The G String uses signal tracking like the top-of-the-line ProRackG. Unlike it's big brother it doesn't have two separate noise reduction stages (one up front, the other in the loop). It only offers a single noise reduction stage in the loop but uses the guitar signal before the amp as a reference to to help it isolate it from whatever preamp noise is generated before the effects loop. It's quite a design and it works wonders in the ProRackG so I can imagine that the G string will do a superb job as well. It's basically a model to fill the gap between the base pedal and the significantly more expensive rackmount unit.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
The G String uses signal tracking like the top-of-the-line ProRackG. Unlike it's big brother it doesn't have two separate noise reduction stages (one up front, the other in the loop). It only offers a single noise reduction stage in the loop but uses the guitar signal before the amp as a reference to to help it isolate it from whatever preamp noise is generated before the effects loop. It's quite a design and it works wonders in the ProRackG so I can imagine that the G string will do a superb job as well. It's basically a model to fill the gap between the base pedal and the significantly more expensive rackmount unit.

that's very interesting. Will this pedal still function like a normal decimator if you aren't using the loop?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
Will this pedal still function like a normal decimator if you aren't using the loop?

Yes, I believe so.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Ok thanks a lot guys

Quote by Chex
Well I just got a Decimator and it doesn't colour my tone at all and gets rid of the hiss I was having.

I don't see how the G String can be any better? I couldn't justify the £130 so I just got the normal one for £70.

Hey...Where did you see it for £130 ?
Quote by gurg06
Ok thanks a lot guys

Hey...Where did you see it for £130 ?

Ebay. Think from America. Might be more that was just off the top of my head.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid