Ok, this is more just speculating than anything, but once I get my next guitar all paid for, I'm thinking of tricking out my SG a little bit, to give me a reason not to let it sit and collect dust since it'd be pretty much obsolete.

So... I'm thinking a seymour duncan at the bridge.. but totally ripping the bridge out and replacing it with a Floyd Rose tremelo. Then getting a custom full-faced pickguard, black, because I can't stand not having one. I don't know what kind of pickup I'll place at the neck, as I still don't know which are best for achieving which tones (for me, it'd be metallica/skillet-like tones). I heard Seymour Duncans make good bridge pickups, so that's my reasoning behind that one, but if anyone knows a better one for the bridge, feel free to let me know.

Back to the customization though... I'm going to get custom inlays of a design I'll draw up myself, just to add to the uniqueness more, and maybe even get that nice Final Fantasy VIII finish I came up with. Expensive? I think so. Worth it? Some may object, but I love this guitar, even if others think it's a pos. To me, it is.
the floyds not gonna work right off the bat, the SG body is wayyyyy to thin to have one of those
NOPE
really? Crap, I swear the Ibanez I played with a Floyd Rose in it was thinner than my SG... maybe not, but it definately seemed like it.
Quote by Flying Couch
Try these out for a trem.

What are you playing with it?

Hmm... never heard of that one, that sounds much easier than a floyd for sure. Basically I'd just be playing Metallica-like stuff with it. Kirk does some pretty cool stuff with the trem bar, and it's kinda hard to reproduce those effects without one.
I ain't tried any Seymour Duncans but I'd recommend the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb Humbucker. Its a total beast, and will allow you to play metal and sound insane.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by Azza Dutt
I ain't tried any Seymour Duncans but I'd recommend the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb Humbucker. Its a total beast, and will allow you to play metal and sound insane.

Alright, I'll take your word for that, thanks!
Quote by Skillet_Panhead
Hmm... never heard of that one, that sounds much easier than a floyd for sure. Basically I'd just be playing Metallica-like stuff with it. Kirk does some pretty cool stuff with the trem bar, and it's kinda hard to reproduce those effects without one.
If it were me, I'd get these or these for pickups.

Also, here is a pretty good Stetsbar demo - I'm pretty sure you could do anything you wanted with it.