I have been working on sweet child o mine, but i've still got a crappy fender squire guitar. In the outro of SCOM, there is a few notes where you have to bend very high on the 21 fret. Everytime i do this bend, i bend it, but the sound disappears, as if i've taken my finger off it, but i haven't. I put a pretty good amount of pressure on it.

I was wondering, is it my guitar that won't make that note, or am i doing something wrong?
It's more the guitar. Fenders don't have the best fretboard radius for bending, since it's very steep (7 1/4", I think). Go to a music store, and try out an Epiphone Les paul. it should be much easier to bend, and you can bend less with the 22nd fret.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah, i'm saving up for an epiphone les paul standard. And also, for some odd reason, i can't get a proper sound out of bending the 17th fret without the sound disappeariing, this my guitar too?
It's a common problem usually known as 'fretting out'. Raise the action a little bit on the offending strings, that should solve your problem. You can also add a bit of relief to the truss rod if you wish.
you could have someone at a trustable music shop (AKA not Guitar center) and have them look at it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
'Action' is simply the height of the string above the fretboard. You can lower or raise it for each string with the two little hex screws on the bridge saddles. Any guitar store will have the right sized hex key if you didn't get one with the guitar, just ask. Read this tutorial for more information.
move the strings that have this problem further away from the fretboard using the small Allen screws on the bridge saddles.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
After adjusting the action, practice as well.
Raising the action can only get you so far with bending.