Well, I have this issue that is annoying me alot. My pick seems like a bike going over the strings. The strings feel like ramps. They pick sort of "jumps" over the strings. When I hit it, my pick doesn't go through it, it seems to jump over it. It kinda feels like trying to go through a brick ramp, it hits, but doesn't go through it just over. How do I fix this? I angle my pick, try not to anchor (still working on it), I use a .96mm pick, and I use light guage strings. I am pretty tired when I play because I take drivers ed and I have to be awake at 5:30 so I can get to school.

Once again, how do I get rid of the "ramp" feeling.
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

u prolly hold on to the pick to tight, loosen up.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Ok, I'll try that when I can stay fully awake... I HATE DRIVERS ED!!!
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

Quote by guitarist10
I HATE DRIVERS ED!!!

i feel ya man. maybe try relaxing just a bit and putting more fluidity into your playing. thats what i had to do.
it kidna feels that way when I use a pick thats too light OR too heavy...
maybe just try out some different picks and see what feels most comfortable to you
I have the same problem, I swapped to a set of medium picks (.60 I think?) and that helped me alot also don't let your pick get too far below the strings that could mess you're picking up.
Quote by MarshmallowPies
No. I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.

That good people is the Lulz!
dont hold it too tight or maybe the gauge is too big???

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
You need to have a somewhat firm grip on the pick so it doesn't slip out, it also provides better control over the pick. Just don't grip it to where you have a lot of tension throughout your hand/arm.
Don't angle your pick! Who the hell said to do that? Probably a metal freak(a lot on UG), who thinks he knows everything about guitar (some do, don't get me wrong, most are little boys).
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by guitarist10

Once again, how do I get rid of the "ramp" feeling.

You don't get rid of it with a simplistic "cure" (changing your pick guage).

Basically, you're fighting the strings and really don't appear to have much control
of how you're picking. It's all part of gaining technical proficiency on the guitar.
I'm afraid you're actually going to have to do some practicing and work on it. There's
not a whole lot of help you can get from here without someone actually seeing
what it is you're doing.
Quote by DSchmitty
Don't angle your pick! Who the hell said to do that? Probably a metal freak(a lot on UG), who thinks he knows everything about guitar (some do, don't get me wrong, most are little boys).

Paul gilbert told me to angle my pick in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YvsOKTPaks
"Its all in the wrist." "Loosey goosey."

Don't try to force it through the strings.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.