well the story is i was in this after-school band and then i quit and the band kinda deteriorated after spring break. But the teacher that was in charge is having a big concert with people from the school (not the same band) and so he asked my friend who i was so could get a band together and play at it. so me and my friend are starting a band to play at the concert thing which is next month.

THE ONLY IMPORTANT PART UNLESS YOU CARE FOR STORIES

but we need to pick songs. We plan on playing the trooper but have no other ideas for our 20-25 minute set. so i need help with what to pick and we are both rather competent at guitar, so, help?
scorpius circus - worlds end girlfriend.

lol.

im being a dick on purpose if you havent picked up on it yet.
three days grace animal i have become or never too late---->they'll freak
I cum blood.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
something from megadeth
and if your really good you can bend over backwards while playng something from racer x and/or Paul Gilbert
because they like pop rock garbage.

dont give in to what they want to hear.

play what YOU want to play.
Quote by jeremessmore
again teenage kids? like either A) stupid rap music or B) emo or pop garbage

or c) neo classical/ shred
Quote by jeremessmore
really teenagers like that? man i am out of touch...

eh if u look hard enough u get the whole bunch of teens like myself that listen to stuff like paul gilbert yngwie and other assorted shred music and metal and rock and etc. sometime u get the teens who like girls
killing in the name - RATM
pawn shop - sublime
roxanne - police
fire - jimi hendrix

those 4 + a song a few friends and i made were the songs we played at my first gig. all simple and fun if you have a decent enough drummer
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
with guitar hero killing songs like killing in the name, i would avoid it.
if you had to do RATM do down rodeo
lol^(samerika)

i doubt this kid, who is already playing the trooper(great song, dont get me wrong), is going to be playing or listening to bright eyes.
Quote by jeremessmore
no probably not

Ok they dont know bright eyes, tell us a bit about both of you, what you play, or what the band members play and listen to, a bit about your school and then we cold be more helpful.
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
something from megadeth
and if your really good you can bend over backwards while playng something from racer x and/or Paul Gilbert

yes. that.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by apod44

lol.
im being a dick on purpose if you havent picked up on it yet.

rofl

i'd say anything off of any of the guitar heros.

teenager's eat that sh!t up, man.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
well then, my name is jonas by weezer.
oh you gotta do rock an roll all nite by Kiss, that would be awesome!
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by samerika
Ok they dont know bright eyes, tell us a bit about both of you, what you play, or what the band members play and listen to, a bit about your school and then we cold be more helpful.

ok well we play classic rock and uh i think thats about it we are about the same level and can do decent solos my school is the westerville north gaylords they like paramore and such but we know none of the like and we are not 100% sure of the band members
well teens that like ****ty **** like paramore like cool solos. some ac/dc wud do good for that. possibly back in black. agen down rodeo from RATM is awesome you should at least check tht out
on second thought, start off with a real song. then halfway through that song, go ballz to the wall and rick roll them all.

then killyourself
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
Quote by jeremessmore
no i would get expelled for rick rolling the school!

it would be really funny though. i say do it.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Just play whatever the **** you want.
Or you could cover some rap or emo song in a metal/hard rock way. Like Goodnight Nurse did Kelis' Milkshake and all of a sudden half the population (of my country anyway) are listen to emo pop punk.
Maybe a Canibal Corpse-esqe rendition of a FOB song? Dance Dance maybe?
Or you could go the other way and do a pop punk version of a Cannibal Corpse song.
Imagine FOB or MCR doing I Cum Blood.
how about stairway
overplayed but the teachers know sure as **** all the kids know it and everybody (i think) likes it to sum extent
I think you should Rick Roll everybody.
Coz A: They wouldnt know what the **** is going on. And when teenagers dont know what the **** is going on thier first response is "Thats awsome"
B:You could come and tell us about the epicness later.

Edit: If you can pull Stairway off then do it. Or if you can do walk then do it. Sure if you did walk any true metal fan would walk out because your not worthy of Pantera but by the sounds of it you have none of them where you are.
Last edited by Blackvelvet at Apr 10, 2008,
hmmm....acdc is actually a pretty good idea, what about hendrix, purple haze or voodoo child ?
Looking for a new sig!