http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=YAxSwAAA1207877418&command=link--moog

Dad's said he's considering getting himself some sort of Moog MoogerFooger pedal. Looking at them again recently, I really don't think he'll be going over $300. That limits in to the low-pass filter, the ring modulator, or the 12-stage phaser.

I don't think I'm interested in the filter, unless you guys can give me a good reason to get it.

But, I've never heard of a 12-stage phaser before. What the hell would it sound like?

And, for that matter, could I really find a practical use for a ring modulator?

Would these be a good investment?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Last edited by Wulver at Apr 10, 2008,
With a set up like yours I would get a better delay, rather then trivial effects like a ring mod and phaser. IMO
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
With a set up like yours I would get a better delay, rather then trivial effects like a ring mod and phaser. IMO

Actually, you shouldn't underestimate the PB&J. I do plan on eventually putting it in a new enclosure, with true bypass and all, but I'm absolutely satisfied with the circuit. Very warm and analog-y, for a digital delay. Just need to figure out how to fix the background hum.

That said, I'd LOVE to get that analog delay moogerfooger....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
with phasers the more stages the thicker the phasing sound (depending on the circuit as well of course). that 12 stage moog phaser is probably awesomely thick and raunchy though.