I can do pinch harmonics, but whenever i do them they are not very loud and as good as they sound in songs. How do people get them to last long and sound really cool? IS that just studio enhancing? An example is at 2:45 during Scream aim fire by bullet for my valentine.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
I wouldnt try learning pinch harmonics right off the bat considering your experience...but if you want pure squealies check this out...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
they crank up the gain and the treble on their amps. also it works better with humbuckers. practice and find the "sweet spot" to get it real loud
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Add a lot of vibrato in them...and usually tube amp users will get those amazing pinches and BFMV uses tubes....Sometimes it's studio magic but BFMV can recreate their pinches very well live....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i use to have the same problem, then i realized that the pinches sound much fuller down at the lower frets. The first pinch harmonic i was able to consistantly get was at the 15th fret, and i found that getting them at the 3rd and 1st and 5th fret are much better sounding to my ear. Experiment with where you're picking too, closer to the bridge gets higher harmonics usually
Quote by ineedrock1204
I wouldnt try learning pinch harmonics right off the bat considering your experience...but if you want pure squealies check this out...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk

yeah that video lesson helped me a ton. im not consistent with them, but i get them around 70 percent of the time now. i tried the black dog test and did horribly though XD. i dont get how he can just do them so effortlessly and quick like that.
Well, the key is to use lots of gain and boost your treble. It gives them that 'fuller' sound that you are looking for.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now