So my dad had just painted a friend of his sons bass. He finished putting it back together today. I have just restrung it. I noticed the harmonic on the 12th fret and the 24th fret sound different on the G, D, and A string. They are suppose to be the same are they not? Do I just need to tinker with the action to fix it? Messing with the little alan key slots on the bridge.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
One is an octave higher than the other. However, you would need to adjust your intonation either way.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
yes adjust your intonation with the screws on the bottom of the bridge,...use a tuner and tune your open note, then tune the harmonics, but to adjust the tunigs of your harmonics turn the screws on the bridge to move the saddle back and fourth to adjust acordingly to sharp and flat, all 3 shouild be in tune the open the 12th harm and the 24th harm

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
the harmonics can't be off..... unless you mean they don't sound in the correct place. i guess fixing the intonation is the only thing that would have any effect on it. so ya do it. but being that harmonics have nothing to do with your intonation i'm a little confused as to what you mean.

to make sure your intonation is correct you must make sure that the note is in tune at the twelfth fret. so if you have a good ear you can do this by playing hte twelfth fret and the twelfth fret harmonic. they should be exactly the same.. if not.. adjust.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu