Well right now, My band plays alot of Tool/ Pantera style music. I have a Schecter Synyster custom, I love the guitar alot but I've had my eyes on the cowboys from hell dean. I have a crate gfx120-c it's a piece. I'm working on getting a new amp, I have 660$ so far. I don't think a diezel will go metal like dime style ****, but It can do Tool DUH! but I need suggestions for an amp. and keep my schecter or go for the dean? thanks alot
Schecter Synyster custom

Washburn custom ( I remodeled)

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

How many vegetarians does it take to eat a cow?

One if no one is looking.
save up for a 5150. Might not get that pantera tone but no 1 really liked his tone anyways.

RIP Dimebag he was a God
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
I love his tone man, but what about the guitar?
Schecter Synyster custom

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

Quote by korn klown 14
Well right now, My band plays alot of Tool/ Pantera style music. I have a Schecter Synyster custom, I love the guitar alot but I've had my eyes on the cowboys from hell dean. I have a crate gfx120-c it's a piece. I'm working on getting a new amp, I have 660$ so far. I don't think a diezel will go metal like dime style ****, but It can do Tool DUH! but I need suggestions for an amp. and keep my schecter or go for the dean? thanks alot

Diezels have extreme amounts of gain. They also cost $3000-4000. Keep your Schecter. That Dean isn't all that great.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Well will a Diezel do metal and sound better than a peavey 5150?
Schecter Synyster custom

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

The Peavey 5150/6505 is the metal workhorse amp. Virtually every modern metal band has used it at some point or another.

However, Diezel is a totally different beast altogether. It's like comparing a PT Cruiser to a Lamborghini. Yeah, the PT Cruiser is a pretty nice vehicle, perfectly functional, everyone knows they work. But the Lamborghini, that's a major investment for a major vehicle. Diezels are powerful amps that can hit a lot of tones.

With your $660, you could most likely go out and buy a used 5150 on eBay right now. Diezels are for tone freaks and professionals with labels playing for the gear.
Quote by dudetheman

So I shouldn't save for the Vh4?
Schecter Synyster custom

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

Well, no one's stopping you, but unless you have a pretty good job, it'll take a while.
Quote by dudetheman