I recently purchased a Seagull S6 Slim. This guitar is amazing, except, When playing the B string openly, I hear a high pitch noise. All other strings sounds perfectly fine. My action is pretty low when I purchased it. For instance, when playing the E chord, the B open string will ring higher for a split second. My korg tuner displays the B string perfectly right on, but after 4 seconds, it does tend to go between a few other notes. Holding the 1st fret of the B string, I hear it perfectly fine. Is this a case of fret buzziness, or could it just be normal? If not, I'm reconsidering sending it back in, I somewhat would consider the original S6 now due to the wider neck.
Last edited by vang0341 at Apr 11, 2008,
may be the nut or the bridge
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
after a few seconds on pitch my korg tuner will also bounce between notes however i know the string is in tune i think this is just something with the tuner and your b string is fine.
its probably hitting one of the frets, the metal part...sometimes my guitars do it, you have to higher the action most of the time.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
After a more thorough investigation, I found out that the noise is more apparent when played with the high e. When I am muting the rest of the strings, only leaving the B with the E, the high metallic noise pitch will ring. This noise could be coming from the vibration of the E. I'll probably take the guitar in to adjustment a few things. I'll report back on what my tuner says.
as a seagull owner.
congrates
Take it in for a set up.
Its new, and needs one.
Think of it as a new pair of jeans that you are braking in.
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
It's a bit hard to decipher what you are describing, but it could be that nothing's wrong at all. At least, it doesn't sound that way. What may be occuring is a resonance vibration set up from one string to another. As each string vibrates, it will produce the audible pitch that it is tuned to. It will however also produce other pitches along it's length, namely at the harmonic points, 5th fret, 7th, 12th and so on. If you listen very very closely you might be able to pick them up, but for the most part they are pretty silent. They do vibrate though, and these vibrations will start another string to vibrating as well. I've answered other posters who claim to have this problem, which isn't even a problem. Especially if you aren't fretting any of the strings, how could it be fret buzz, unless the action is so horribly low, but then the guitar would be unplayable.
An initial pro setup is always a good idea with a brand new guitar. This will get it to how you like it right away, which leaves more for you to enjoy once you get it home. But don't be overly concerned about it being out of whack this early in the game. Just ask the tech when you bring it in what the sound is.
Quote by litus
may be the nut or the bridge

Lol!!
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
^--- what is funny about that post?

and i agree with everything leftydave said above.
Quote by LeftyDave
It's a bit hard to decipher what you are describing, but it could be that nothing's wrong at all...

Thank you, I am somewhat new to acoustics, I didn't realize it may need some prof tuning. I'll take it in.