Okay, I bought a Marshall AVT50X today at Steve's, it sounded nice and all and seemed like a good amp. But now I see everyone bashes AVT's and now I having doubts on it... The more I read what they say the more I see it's kind of true.

Would it be possible to return for full price or something?
What's the stores return policy? You'll either get store credit or they'll write you a check, depending on their store policy. Give them a call or stop by to find out.
Could you guys recommend some amps in the $500-$600 range (CAD)?

I was looking at a Palomino V30, how would this compare to the Marshall?
If it's under 30 days, Steve's will take it back.

The Palomino is a MUCH better amp than the Marshall.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Depending on how loud you want your amp to be, look into the Crate V-18 112 or 212. 18 watts should be fine for most things, and any extra cash could buy a nice pedal or two.
Quote by greggybhoy
Depending on how loud you want your amp to be, look into the Crate V-18 112 or 212. 18 watts should be fine for most things, and any extra cash could buy a nice pedal or two.

+1 on that. Hey - we gregs agreed on something!
They're not a bad amp, just overpriced. And if you like tight, heavy distortion get shopping for a new speaker. If you like how it sounds return yours and look for a used one. Otherwise return it and get the Palomino.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2