I read in another thread that removing the back panel of the amp improves brightness, so I decided to test it out. I unscrewed all 14 screws and tried to take it off, but it won't budge. I do not want to cause damage to my amp, so I was wondering if anyone has tried to do this with an AD50VT.
That voids the warranty. I wouldnt do it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Just pull really hard. It will come off. I have taken the back off my AD50VT a lot of times.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
i did that with with my Ad30 a couple weeks ago. you got give it a little budge, it wont come out very easy but just apply some pressure and it should come out
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Is it worth it tonewise?
Honestly not really. Just cut back on the bass knob. I didn't notice much of a difference between open and closed back. The best upgrade would be a Vintage 30 speaker.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
It came stock with a Celestion speaker and that is pretty damn good as it is. Right now I only get muddiness on the UK 70's, the Tweed, and the Bout. Clean settings, so I just wanted to try it out. Unless I hear someone say that there is a distinct improvement in tone, it's not gonna come off.
I find the stock speaker very spikey and trebely for my taste. I haven't bothered to upgrade it because I don't use the amp but for practice.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
well i liked the tone with the back off. it sounded brighter and think its worth a try
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA