Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been a lurker for a while. I came across this amp and I'm wondering if its worth looking into.

60's Gibson Super Medalist

"Old 60's Gibson 2 channel tube amp with reverb, tremolo and footswitch. Has the original 2 killer 12" speakers, Jenson Special design made in England. Will need a repair to get it working again. Unique 35" high and 19" wide size."

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

He wants $225 CDN for it. I'd really like to get a tube amp, but I don't have much money to spend so I was hoping this might be a feasible solution. I know nothing about tube amps or electronics in general, but I'm confident that I could get this thing working if I set my mind to it. So I guess what I want to know is if this thing is worth $225, being broken? I've messaged him to find out what is wrong with it, and I'll update this post with any info I receive. Thanks for your input guys.
That thing looks pretty rare. I would buy it!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Yeah man that's real neat!
How many watts?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Not exactly sure how many watts. Just from reading a topic in another forum, I think its between 22 and 25 watts. Apparently the big selling point for this particular amp was the jensen speakers.
Cool. There's a 1960's gibson mercury for sale at a local store for 500 bucks.
It's been there for YEARS though, so i'll talk them down.
I found one lone video of it on youtube, and it sounded very clean. Nice for jazz. I think it's all tube also.
Go for it! You could always make a project out of it and mod it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thanks for the input guys. I emailed the guy and he said that he thought it was the power supply. And I got him down to $200. So I'll probably go for it. If I do, I'll post pics and stuff and keep you posted on the repairs, for anyone who's interested.