It's a 1971 Fender Musicmaster, which is a short scale student model Fender bass with one Stratocaster pickup. Worth about $800.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well, I saw one on sale for $800 in Florida.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
It's a 1971 Fender Musicmaster, which is a short scale student model Fender bass with one Stratocaster pickup. Worth about $800.

A Strat pickup? How does that sound? As bad as I think it does (which is pretty bad... like... elastic band on a tissue box bad)?

Quote by Slayerdeath
just wondering if anyone knows anything about these. it says May 17 71 on the front end of the neck. my friend just got one givin to him

Quote by Slayerdeath
LOL OMG $800 thats crazy

it was GIVIN to him!!!!

It's "given" for godsakes.
Quote by Slayerdeath
just wondering if anyone knows anything about these. it says May 17 71 on the front end of the neck. my friend just got one givin to him

Well then your problem is easy. Kill your friend, steal the bass, then kill any witnesses or people who suspect you.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Well then your problem is easy. Kill your friend, steal the bass, then kill any witnesses or people who suspect you.

Or don't tell him how much its worth, and offer him $100USD for it. Not as badass, but you don't have to hide bodies in your gig bag.

My local shop has a '78 selling for $600. Sweet deal your friend got!
the Fender Musicmasters are shortscale, single p-up basses, as mentioned. the $500 to $700 value is based on collector value. having owned one, i would rather have a MIM Jazz/P anyday. they're not terrible, but far from Fender's best effort. i would sell it, and buy a better bass, myself. as a player, i say it's worth about $200.
Yeah I've got one, in the cream white color. they're interesting.... used to belong to my friend's dad but after I was talking with him one night he decided to just give it to me since he had heard me play the previous day. Those things have an interesting vintage vibe. Can't say im a big short scale fan though.
having one, it's got one tone. that is the vintage one. Sure, it sounds not near as good as an old 50's P with flats. but it certainly isn't a modern, lots-of-mids tone. Very far from that.

I'm in a reggae band. It fits in nicely for that type tone.