i am gettin into playin bass a lot i am looking for a new bass that has a pretty versatile sound my budget is lookin like anything under $1000 advice please
Everyone is going to post up their favs, but with that kind of budget, I'd be getting my groovin' bod down to the local shop and trying out everything in that price range. And don't rule out used--you could grab a nice used MIA Fender or a Musicman for that range.

EDIT:

But if you don't have a bass amp, remember you should be putting at LEAST half of that budget to the amp. And if your present bass is decent, then buy a new amp. It will do more for your sound than the new bass will.
Quote by anarkee
Everyone is going to post up their favs, but with that kind of budget, I'd be getting my groovin' bod down to the local shop and trying out everything in that price range. And don't rule out used--you could grab a nice used MIA Fender or a Musicman for that range.

EDIT:

But if you don't have a bass amp, remember you should be putting at LEAST half of that budget to the amp. And if your present bass is decent, then buy a new amp. It will do more for your sound than the new bass will.

i have a peavey combo 115 amp that does pretty good for me im actually lookin for a bass of my own because as of now im using my singers washburn
I would definitely go with an Ibanez, their slim necks allow easy and quick playing. I got my first Ibanez form a starter pack, even form a starter pack it has been an excellent quality Bass. but yes, save at least half your budget for the amp, and also a decent chord. Both play a key role in how you Bass is going to sound.
i'm looking at getting a new bass as well but i'm going for a 5 string with good sound and versitile
Bennetts_strat
Registered confuser.