Yeah so I'm looking for a pickup combination to replace my "duncan designed" pickups in my schecter c1 plus. I want pickups that could pull off classic rock/blues rock very well. The tone I'm particularly looking for are jimmy page's tones from the album "led zeppelin II" and his live tones from "how the west was won" and "live at royal albert hall 1970."

As far as the other bands I like, I like classic rock and blues a lot. the who, the rolling stones, aerosmith, queen, stevie ray vaughan, jimi hendrix, and the beatles are other some other favorite bands and musicians of mine.

The amp I'm using is a crate palomino v32 (class A tube amp for anyone who doesn't know)

So what do you guys think about the 59/59 combo? I can only spend up to $140 for my set of pickups + installation, so please don't recommend very expensive pickups (such as the upgraded version of the seymour duncan 59, which is the seymour duncan seth lover)

I've also heard that maybe a 59/JB combo or a 59/custom 5 set would be good for what I want to play.

So which one do you guys think would be best set of pickups for the sound I want?

Thanks
Alnico II or Pearly Gates in the bridge and a 59 in the neck would work well.

If that's too expensive, the JB/59 combo would also work. JBs are better known for their versatility, though.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
alright thanks anyone else?

I'm afraid the JB might be too hot for what I want to play

I will look up the custom custom. thanks
as horlicks said, 59' and a custom/custom, 59 is great in the bridge for a warm rock and lead tone. And the custom is a great clear clean pup, especially if u use it with a coil tap, really opens it up!
Quote by vitchb
as horlicks said, 59' and a custom/custom, 59 is great in the bridge for a warm rock and lead tone. And the custom is a great clear clean pup, especially if u use it with a coil tap, really opens it up!

You have an X50 Pro too
yep, love it! Thinking of putitng an EMG in the bridge, for recording metal.
you can pair a custom custom or pearly gates wt 59.

wouldnt pick the JB
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Alnico II or Pearly Gates in the bridge and a 59 in the neck would work well.

If that's too expensive, the JB/59 combo would also work. JBs are better known for their versatility, though.

+1 the pearly gates JB combo is pretty great I have them in my LP
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era