If I have a DS-1, would there be any point to be getting a TS9 pedal or something? Would anyone ever have their DS-1 pedal on and the Tubescreamer on at the same time? Are they just different tones, or what?
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
You can have both at once. Tubescreamer sounds like natural overdrive. DS-1 is like more extreme gain and becomes distortion. The TS9 is better used as a boost in my opinion but im not sure how it'll work with a cube/spider amp.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by copet
If I have a DS-1, would there be any point to be getting a TS9 pedal or something? Would anyone ever have their DS-1 pedal on and the Tubescreamer on at the same time? Are they just different tones, or what?

The Tubescreamer is a different tone for a different purpose. as the name suggests the tubescreamer is good at pushing tubes a little or a lot harder to get more of the amp's natural overdrive. Sometimes people do like to push distortion pedals with overdrive pedals too, although i'm not really sure about that. You have 2 solid state modelling amps though, i don't think they'll agree with the tubescreamer.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.