Im thinking of getting this attenuator and a peavey classic 30 for my next amp.

To connect it it says

Instructions for Use
1. Disconnect speaker from amp
2. Connect speaker to output of MiniMASS
3. Connect amp speaker output to input
of MiniMASS with a short cable.
The cable must have the appropriate connectors for your amp.

This seems to bee the case for head/cabs. How would you do this with a combo amp?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
That is prettymuch what you do for a combo too. Disconnect the speaker from the amp and connect it to the output of the attenuator, then the cables from the amp go to the input of the attenuator. Although that attenuator looks like its made for head/cabs, not combos. It doesnt look like it would work with a combo
Last edited by littlephil at Apr 11, 2008,
That's exactly the same for a combo. Occasionally combos won't have a removable 1/4" plug for the speaker, in which case it's very easy and cheap to convert- maybe $5 for two mono plugs and a couple minutes with a wireclippers and a soldering iron. I don't think that's the case with the classic 50 though- it should just plug and play.
what about the classic 30? i dont really want to have to do that soldering.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
I've just checked, you'd have to solder it. I don't see why you'd have a problem with it though, it's quite literally the easiest soldering job you could possibly do. If I were your tech I'd do it for free in five minutes.
Quote by Roc8995
That's exactly the same for a combo. Occasionally combos won't have a removable 1/4" plug for the speaker, in which case it's very easy and cheap to convert- maybe $5 for two mono plugs and a couple minutes with a wireclippers and a soldering iron. I don't think that's the case with the classic 50 though- it should just plug and play.

So the classic 50 doesnt need to have soldering involved? do you know any other 600 or less amps like this?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Looks like the 50 would need it too. The AC15 is the only one I can find on musiciansfriend under 600 with that, bu again I wouldn't buy an amp based on that, it's so easy to do.
My Son's Palomino V16 has a 1/4 jack for the speaker, so I'd expect that on the larger Crates as well. My Fender does, too, though I'm not sure if that's a stock feature on all Fenders... not that I'd choose an amp based on that. I'm a total spaz, but I can solder a 1/4 connector to a couple wires.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^but most ppl dislike, or are afraid of cutting wires that are working perfectly at the moment.

like me.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard