Page 1 of 2
inspired by a thread i saw earlier in the week, i've decided to see if i can stay up from now until sunday night. basically the whole weekend. it's thursday night at around 11:30 PM where i live. i woke up at 6:20 AM this morning, so that's when i started. i have my red bull and gatorade ready, so let's hope i do this and not die.

i will update 2-3 times a day if i can even remember. haha.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Your body needs sleep. If you don't rest yourself consciously, your body will go into autopilot mode and shut off until you get the required rest. Don't be a dumbass. Go to sleep.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
my body needs a lot of things...

i've kinda found myself at a point where i have nothing specific to live for so i'm trying to give myself something, even if it is this stupid.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Quote by Audioboxer
I demand that the updates include pictures of your tired self to prove you didn't sneak some nap time in.

haha, okay. they'll be ****ty camera phone pics but okay.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Quote by clay pots
my body needs a lot of things...

i've kinda found myself at a point where i have nothing specific to live for so i'm trying to give myself something, even if it is this stupid.

That is one of the stupidest arguments I have heard. Go to sleep, kid.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Your body needs sleep. If you don't rest yourself consciously, your body will go into autopilot mode and shut off until you get the required rest. Don't be a dumbass. Go to sleep.

don't be a straightass. don't make people go to bed
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Pernell
the mild hallucinations should be fun

play a sh*tload of videogames, and dont get too drunk or stoned out

would drinking make me even more tired?

i was kind of planning that for tomorrow.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Do you have any idea how awful you'll feel for the next three days?
Don't be an idiot. The only way staying awake for three days could be anywhere near beneficial is if you are,

A) Writing a hit album.
B) Behind enemy lines.
C) Writing a hit album behind enemy lines. (!)

So, go to sleep. I guarantee you won't feel very well even after you've finally gotten sleep. Especially if you plan on drinking tomorrow.
I stayed up for 5 days once. I was completely loaded on amphetamines the whole time so I couldn't have slept if I wanted to, then I slept for like 72 hours.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I can't stay awake for anything longer than 48 hours.
I wouldn't recommend doing this, though. Our body requires sleep.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I stayed up for 5 days once. I was completely loaded on amphetamines the whole time so I couldn't have slept if I wanted to, then I slept for like 72 hours.

Well that sounds healthy and wonderful. Did you intend to do that?

I can't even skip one night without feeling like **** the next day.
The most that I have done is about 79.7 hours.

Good luck and Godspeed
Why would you do this?
I am an insomniac, tried many things to get to sleep, and I can tell you its pretty horrible.
The most I've stayed up is 5 days.
After the first day you will feel really tired.
Then after the second day you will become really jittery and hyper.
On the third day you will just stare off into nothing without realizing it.
On the fourth day you will start hearing things.
And on the fifth day you start seeing things in the corner of your eyes.

Idk if its like that for everyone, thats how it is for me.
I usually am able to fall asleep around the second or third day.
But sometimes it gets pretty bad.
Just go to sleep.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
Quote by BrutalCabbage

And on the fifth day you start seeing things in the corner of your eyes.

Dude you understand that you might have caught the 'Shadows' as named by Don Juan in Carlos Castaneda's books?!

Quote by Alex Zyka

Dude you understand that you might have caught the 'Shadows' as named by Don Juan in Carlos Canstaneda books?!

I do not understand
I do not understand at all
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
I to am a insomniac and it sucks you don't know what your doing to your body so get some sleep its good for you don't be an idiot you could really mess yourself up!!
Eventually your body will shut down from not enough sleep, you will be sitting their and then boom your just asleep
Quote by Rooster422
Eventually your body will shut down from not enough sleep, you will be sitting their and then boom your just asleep

I heard sometimes you may die from sleep deprivation
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I don't suggest this. I have been staying up nights because i have been writing papers for school, it isn't fun! its no good. you'll feel horrible.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
*bookmark* this should be funny

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Dont drink red bull/caffiene, it will perk you up but the come down will make you incredibly tired and you will most likely go to sleep
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
I remember hearing that the human body can't take 7 days of non sleep, I think it kills you.
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6
Your body needs sleep. You can equate this to trying to see if you can last without food for a weekend. Stupid.

But good luck anyway, I doubt you will last more than day--certainly possible but I think you realize how stupid this is and give in.
Last edited by Negative Burn at Apr 11, 2008,
world record for sleep is 18 days and about 21 hours
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by Mav-16
I heard sometimes you may die from sleep deprivation

That takes quite a bit longer than 3 days though.

Of course its possible to do, your bodies not going to shut down and go to sleep until maybe a little before a week, depends on your body, willpower, and what you've been doing/consuming.

Its just stupid.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?

I am loved!
Stop telling him not to do it. Hitting him with facts about how bad he is going to feel and how the body needs its sleep or something bad will happen, won't make a difference. I for one want to hear how miserable he feels at the end of the weekend.
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
what's probably going to happen is that you're going to feel really groggy and you may (if you're lucky) hallucinate.
Page 1 of 2