ive been really interested in the traynor 50 blue lately but i also keep looking at the peavey classic 30. i plan on doing gigs soon and my blues junior sounds horrible at high volume. extremly distorted because the drums are loud so its almost max volume. im guessing these two amps sound nicer as higher volumes and dont have horrid break up. i play mainly classic rock/hendrix
Either one of those would be great. The classic 30 will sound much better than the blues junior cranked, but it will still probably be at least somewhat distorted, which it seems you might not want. The Traynor should be able to get over drums while still relatively clean.
I would look into the traynor YCV40(something like that, don't know the exact model name), the peavey classic 30, and the crate palomino v32. All 3 of these amps are great for classic rock stuff.

The palomino is supposedly known for having an amazing breakup. The classic 30 and palomino v32 are the 2 amps I played side by side, and I chose the palomino. It's just personal preference really; I think both amps are great. I can get hendrix tones out of my palomino fairly easily.

Traynor I heard is really good too, but can be a little pricey. I never personally tried one so I can't say much about it.

I would go for a used classic 30 or a used palomino v32. They can be found for $300-400 on ebay.

Good luck
IMHO C30>V32.

sounds better when broken up. c30 has plenty of gian for classic rock. and havent had a chance to play traynor
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Swat Man
ive been really interested in the traynor 50 blue lately but i also keep looking at the peavey classic 30.

I own a Classic 30. The Traynor's the better amp. Better cleans, better crunch, more power (which seems to be an issue for you). Stick with the Traynor.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.